CNL Play-In for Copa America: Canada vs Trinidad & Tobago - Saturday, March 23, 2024 - Frisco (greater Dallas), Texas

1 minute ago, costarg said:

Mostly agree, except we don't have the defensive mid in there.  We also have two very offensive wingbacks that are not doing defensive work.  This is not the formation for a RCB to be bombing down the field to cross.

Correct.

That has nothing to do with actually playing him there or making opportunies for him to cross.  He just has to know that if he doesn't have cover, he can't bomb on.  

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I think that Trini left back is quite good, and fast, I am not sure but I get the sense he's holding well. 

But Buchanan is also not finding a lot to associate with, not any of the three strikers really.

Apart from David's shots, it's been pretty tame, honestly. 

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

As soon as they got possession their striker was ready to burn past out CBs looking for the ball over the top.   They have one play and unfortunately it is the one play. We are susceptible to and not really set up to combat.   

And extremely predictable.

1 minute ago, Vasi said:

This is why we need better coaching. We need some innovative tactics and someone who can motive out guys. 

I'm screaming for simple tactics and formation.  I feel he's trying to innovate too much with RCB's bombing down the field, #10 defending in his own box with 3 CB's.  Gotta put the guys in their natural positions and KISS.