CNL Play-In for Copa America: Canada vs Trinidad & Tobago - Saturday, March 23, 2024 - Frisco (greater Dallas), Texas

well...it's awesome to be able to watch meaningful, and important matches!!

but the impact of the outcome of this one is massively outsized.  like probably many have said in this thread, it has repercussions so far down the line, in so many disparate ways...for players, for CSA, for fans, for 2026 WC competitive dreams, for compensation structure resolution for both men and women, for national interest in the team (we play Messi!...ahh, no we don't play Messi...)...it is kinda crazy!

I would be so happy with a multi-goal, early lead.  I can entirely do without the sporting drama for this one.

49 minutes ago, scullion44 said:

I knew we’d he favourites but I didn’t expect it’d be to this extentIMG_5640.jpeg.61dc7eb2e4d65c1d3d6b764635c373d8.jpeg

Keep in mind these are the odds for full time + stoppage time.  If T&T win after 30 minutes of extra time or on PK's, you'll get 8.00 on your wager. 

23 minutes ago, eramosat said:

but the impact of the outcome of this one is massively outsized.  like probably many have said in this thread, it has repercussions so far down the line, in so many disparate ways...for players, for CSA, for fans, for 2026 WC competitive dreams, for compensation structure resolution for both men and women, for national interest in the team (we play Messi!...ahh, no we don't play Messi...)...it is kinda crazy!

I would be so happy with a multi-goal, early lead.  I can entirely do without the sporting drama for this one.

Need a Jamaica level first half and pump in 2 or 3 goals.  Feel like it will happen.

On 3/19/2024 at 10:36 AM, dyslexic nam said:

Just found out that my bro is throwing his wife a bday party that absolutely conflicts with this game.  FFS  

I would prefer not to watch this game on PVR but I am not sure this is avoidable.  Maybe I will get lucky and contract the vapours.  

Can someone confirm kickoff time in Pacific time?  I'm reading 2pm, also 1pm. 

Edited by RJB

22 minutes ago, Snowcrash said:

Keep in mind these are the odds for full time + stoppage time.  If T&T win after 30 minutes of extra time or on PK's, you'll get 8.00 on your wager. 

Trinidad to advance is 11.00

Fair enough. It's the time conversion the I suck at.  If the 16:00 is local time, then that's 2:00.  Thanks for clearing it up though!

Edited by RJB

12 hours ago, red card said:

Canada Soccer starting to deliver francophone oriented content.

Sorry to divert this slightly, but it's for a football cause

GJUFsSjXgAAXHtv?format=jpg&name=large

From that pic, de Fougerolles seems to have grown a fair bit since I first became aware of him.  

Which is great news for his prospects at CB and for us.

12 hours ago, red card said:

Canada Soccer starting to deliver francophone oriented content.

The tweet doesn't match exactly with what you posted. They're talking about Quebecois players. Your post mentions francophone content. If it was really francophone content then they're missing, Bair, David and even Johnston who speaks above the franglais level.

Edited by Sal333

21 minutes ago, RJB said:

Fair enough. It's the time conversion the I suck at.  If the 16:00 is local time, then that's 2:00.  Thanks for clearing it up though!

…just to be clear, the game is on at 1pm Pacific time…

1 hour ago, RJB said:

It’s 15:00 local time in Dallas, as your Wikipedia screenshot indicates.

2 hours ago, eramosat said:

Indeed, feels like Honduras 2012 in its build up.