CNL Play-In for Copa America: Canada vs Trinidad & Tobago - Saturday, March 23, 2024 - Frisco (greater Dallas), Texas

2 hours ago, red card said:

Canada Soccer starting to deliver francophone oriented content.

FIFA letting them get away with that?  (Or maybe they'll make Biello translate that one for them too...)

21 minutes ago, GasPed said:

FIFA letting them get away with that?  (Or maybe they'll make Biello translate that one for them too...)

Why not expand into the Francophone market . I think its a great idea. French is a lovely spoken language when properly spoken , Quebecios not so much lol

2 minutes ago, gigi riva said:

Why not expand into the Francophone market . I think its a great idea. French is a lovely spoken language when properly spoken , Quebecios not so much lol

Indeed.  After all, what does FIFA stand for?  😉

3 hours ago, red card said:

Canada Soccer starting to deliver francophone oriented content.

I was coming here to say this exact thing...but I realized it's because the francophone are finally in the squad.

From before it was just a 1-2 token guys...now we have almost a third of" the squad. Kone, Bombito, David, Piette, Crepeau, Choinierre, Sirios, and Bair?

Its only right...right?

5 hours ago, red card said:

Biello told by Concacaf media officer to answer question in English rather than French. Concacaf later apologized. 

Even Premier Legault, who I am not a fan of, answers questions in English when he is asked questions in English by English media. 

I get that French is not commonly spoken in the U.S. and Canada, other than in Quebec and New Brunswick, but to intervene and insist Biello answer in English was a bit over the top. The question came from French media with a French audience and was largely about a Quebec-born player. 

And this is all coming from a Quebec-born native English speaker who believes strongly in defending English-speaking rights in my province.

Edited by DeRo_Is_King

9 hours ago, red card said:

Biello told by Concacaf media officer to answer question in English rather than French. Concacaf later apologized. 

There are CONCACAF nations with French as an official language, not just us. Then the journalist asks for a voice clip in the language his media can use. 

We used to get local press idiots in Spain trying to stop Catalan media from asking in Catalan to Catalan coaches. Michel, the Madrid born coach of Girona, learned enough in 18 months to do full press conferences, he admirably respects the media following his team.

25 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

What's the official local starting time, please?

I am seeing 9pm European continental time, is that right?

Also: what is the format if we end 90 minutes tied?

21:00 cet is correct. Earlier in the thread I remember reading it’s 30 mins extra time then pens.

Was planning to drop a few buck on T&T for the win as a way of guaranteeing our victory (i would inevitably lose the bet) but it seems that proline doesn’t let you bet on that - just the “spread” and over/under.  Pretty (very) new to sports betting so definitely out of my element.