CNL Play-In for Copa America: Canada vs Trinidad & Tobago - Saturday, March 23, 2024 - Frisco (greater Dallas), Texas

13 minutes ago, Macktruck said:

Let me just say it because i may be alone here but is Tajon match fit? is he sharp and game ready. Yes, he has been training every day at Inter with crazy good players but he's played a total of 37 mins of competitive soccer since arriving in January. I know he's one of our top players. Just playing devil's advocate. Does anyone not have him in their 1st 11?

I expect to see Tajon and Stache in there fresh, sharp and hungry.  it might even be an advantage to having them come in had they been playing every minute of champions and league matches.

28 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Again, mate, we have done this and argued this and I respect your opinion but still think its wrong. 

However, some factual errors or your assumptions are not facts. 

- We aren't inventing anything with Johnston. he has done it a lot, remember.  And we had success to a degree.  If we have better options at his position we need to use them, of course, but don't pretend he hasn't done it and other nations and clubs don't use similar players.  I  am not actually saying start him, to be honest. 

- Davies hasn't played LB for Canada forever , so you can't actually say it improves our defense.  So saying "Any way we add it up" is again silly.

I get it, fully respect your point of view as well.  Not about the arguing though!  Maybe debated or challenged, but never with ill intent.  I might write direct and dry, but I do not get worked up from anything I read or write here.  Just passionate about the team and game.  I love the tactical side of the game and I just love sharing the passion and ideas.

2 hours ago, Macktruck said:

Let me just say it because i may be alone here but is Tajon match fit? is he sharp and game ready. Yes, he has been training every day at Inter with crazy good players but he's played a total of 37 mins of competitive soccer since arriving in January. I know he's one of our top players. Just playing devil's advocate. Does anyone not have him in their 1st 11?

I actually expect Tajon to be absolutely fired up tomorrow.   He will want to show that he is a 90 minute player and can contribute offensively.   I actually have him as my dark horse for a goal (along with the safer JD) in a 2-0 win.  He may. It be playing in Serie A but I bet he is training hard as hell in an effort to get minutes.   

This is the most nervous I've been for a game in a bit. The WCQ ended up being just a steady march, the WC itself I viewed as mostly fun (despite the results), the NL I don't really rank (but would have been nice to win), the Gold Cup was a B team, and the Jamaica games were comfortable (right up until they weren't). Losing this would be the biggest set back to the program in a while.

5 hours ago, YorkRegionFan said:

Whatever formation we play, Davies should not be taking the free kicks, corners or penalties.  He has world class speed, but I have yet to see him create dangerous chances with the free kicks and corners.

Well, there was at least one - Davies vs. Panama (literally), first goal after Panama goes up 1 - 0, Oct. 13, 2021, BMO Field (start at 2:30)

On 3/19/2024 at 2:36 PM, dyslexic nam said:

Just found out that my bro is throwing his wife a bday party that absolutely conflicts with this game.  FFS  

I would prefer not to watch this game on PVR but I am not sure this is avoidable.  Maybe I will get lucky and contract the vapours.  

So the great news is there is no conflict between the game and the party.  

The bad news is that it’s because the party is tonight, I screwed up the dates, and I am going to be in the doghouse for a bit.  

Woot woot!   Game baby! 

4 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

So the great news is there is no conflict between the game and the party.  

The bad news is that it’s because the party is tonight, I screwed up the dates, and I am going to be in the doghouse for a bit.  

Woot woot!   Game baby! 

Just tell him (them) that this is a leap year and it screwed up your counting. You ran out of fingers and toes.

39 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I actually expect Tajon to be absolutely fired up tomorrow.   He will want to show that he is a 90 minute player and can contribute offensively.   I actually have him as my dark horse for a goal (along with the safer JD) in a 2-0 win.  He may. It be playing in Serie A but I bet he is training hard as hell in an effort to get minutes.   

As long as he picks his moments, doesn't try to force things and overdo it in making something happen, he should be an impact player.

Gentlemen… I understand they beat the US after Dest has a crying fit red card but they also lost 6-0 in the gold cup to them. USL league one players, T&T league defenders. Remember they bowed out of the last wcq when they couldn’t beat Bahamas. 

55 minutes ago, GasPed said:

Well, there was at least one - Davies vs. Panama (literally), first goal after Panama goes up 1 - 0, Oct. 13, 2021, BMO Field (start at 2:30)

I forgot about that goal.  Davies playing hero ball in the recent matches clouded my memory of that one.

2 hours ago, Borjans Sweatpants said:

We love giving out bulletin board material eh? Seems to be our thing

IMG_5319.jpeg

I never understood this pov in qatar and I don't understand it now. T&T will be trying as hard as they can to win tomorrow. With or without our captain being confident.