CNL Play-In for Copa America: Canada vs Trinidad & Tobago - Saturday, March 23, 2024 - Frisco (greater Dallas), Texas

I’m fine with Eustaquio as captain, I think it’s a good step for him, even though I don’t think it means anything. As far as I know, Davies is the only one that’s said he want to be captain. I’d be fine with him too… But if we’re projecting our views of what a captain should be based on hockey, ie who can lead and who do you want fighting for you in a fight, then Piette or Crepeau should be captain.

David could be captain too 

Penalty taker Buchanan or Eustaquio.  

Adekugbe seems like he has a great peg ,  good accuracy and a calmer personality, could be the best option .  When he plays .  I alñ

Le

1 hour ago, Kent said:

Speaking of penalties. Do we know if there will be extra time in the event of a draw? Or straight to penalties?

If it's listed on the concacaf site, i can't find it.  i'm sure we'll learn more, say 10 min before kickoff...

28 minutes ago, JAVIERF said:

Buchanan / Eustaquio it seems

I thought you were a World Cup winner that was never wrong about football. You might want to re-read what I asked and reconsider your answer. On the other hand, if you are correct and the tie breaker is "Buchanan/Eustaquio", I don't know exactly what that means but I like our odds!

2 hours ago, Kent said:

I thought you were a World Cup winner that was never wrong about football. You might want to re-read what I asked and reconsider your answer. On the other hand, if you are correct and the tie breaker is "Buchanan/Eustaquio", I don't know exactly what that means but I like our odds!

I am baby.  That match took too much was a dull 2-0 and it became a rollercoaster.  We had that so easy ,  we got distraught those frogs and then they came back from a certain death.  Anyway, we delivered the bomb!

But also should we qualify then our schedule of games:

- June 20th, 2024- Canada 🇨🇦 vs Argentina 🇦🇷 (reigning Copa America & World Cup champions) (Atlanta)

June 25th, 2024- Canada 🇨🇦 vs Peru 🇵🇪 (Kansas City)

June 29th, 2024- Canada 🇨🇦 vs Chile 🇨🇱 (Orlando)

Game times still TBD

6 hours ago, JAVIERF said:

30 minutes and penos

Do you have a source or is that just your assumption? I would guess that as well, but CONCACAF has been known to skip extra time in some of their competitions.

14 hours ago, Bigandy said:

I agree but it has to be staq. 

Davies would only get in based on star power. We can even argue that the teams most success has been during wcq when he was injured. Without staq we crumble. 

Options for captain 
Piette - Vet and a leadership figure... not even a squad guarantee though, let alone starter. Not good enough as a player or captain to truly deserve it.
Johnston - I feel people say this because hes likable in the media. Not really my choice as I dont see him as a captain.
Miller - has experience and is in our 11 but thats about the only reason
larin - same as miller but a better player
david - star power. 
davies - star power
Staq - most important player to CMNT. Organizes, controls the tempo of our games, experienced, top player. 

Just to add to this, I hate having a keeper as a captain. How many times did we see Borjan run up from his own end to get in the face of an opposition or the referee. They are too far out of the play to be involved. Thereby eliminating Crepeau as an option as well.

13 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

Costa Rica 🇨🇷 vs Honduras 🇭🇳 in the other Copa America qualifier on Saturday...I have Costa Rica 🇨🇷 winning but if Honduras 🇭🇳 beat them I won't be all that shocked

Honduras has a crazy amount of guys injured or unavailable for this match. Acosta, Arriaga, Palma, Eli's, Quioto. Would be surprised if they are able to pull it off.