CNL Play-In for Copa America: Canada vs Trinidad & Tobago - Saturday, March 23, 2024 - Frisco (greater Dallas), Texas

4 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

My starting XI against Trinidad 🇹🇹 & Tobago would look like this:

(4-4-2)

- GK- Milan Borjan 

- LB- Alphonso Davies 

- CB- Kamal Miller 

- CB- Derek Cornelius

- RB- Alistair Johnston 

- LM- Liam Millar

- CM- Ismail Kone

- CDM- Stephen Eustaquio 

- RM- Tajon Buchanan 

- ST- Jonathan David

- ST- Cyle Larin 

Very nice.  This is very very close to mine as well and I'd feel very comfortable with your setup.  Mine:

David

Millar - Ali - Stache - Kone - Tajon

Davies - Miller - Cornelius - Johnston

Crepeau

- The 4-4-2 can definitely get the job done vs T&T, but I'd like to see us to start practicing a system we'll need for Copa.  A midfield duo just isn't strong enough for us vs the big boys, need to remove a striker to shore up the middle.

- Borjan can also get the job done, but need to start looking to the future.

Our defense is not very good. I am not opposed to starting LFG, JLK, Bimbito, Stefanovic and Perlman once this TnT game is over. Calle them up for the friendlies and Copa.  These kids are the future and will be better then most of the older MLS CBs by 2026. I'm not including Vitoria because he is super old, Kenedy is always injured......the only good non MLS CB that should be on this team in 2026 is Cornelius.

Adekugbe and Kennedy are out with injuries and it sounds like Laryea may not be fit either. With Ugbo, Bair, Theo & Ahmed all showing well and Bombito starting & playing 3 straight games for Colorado at CB, I'm hoping to see some changes in the 23 man squad from the 2 games vs Jamaica. Does LDF still make this squad or do we give his spot to a player that is getting regular mins? It would be a plus if we could cap him but its unlikely unless we have a comfortable lead vs T&T

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Final score:

14-9

Seriously though, Trinidad are gonna try to grind everything to a halt. It's not like they have a ton of fire power on the counter attack. We should throw everything at them.

8 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

(4-4-2)

- GK- Milan Borjan 

- LB- Alphonso Davies 

- CB- Kamal Miller 

- CB- Derek Cornelius

- RB- Alistair Johnston 

- LM- Liam Millar

- CM- Ismail Kone

- CDM- Stephen Eustaquio 

- RM- Tajon Buchanan 

- ST- Jonathan David

- ST- Cyle Larin 

The good thing about this is that we get all our best players on the field at the same time. 

The downside for me is that a Miller-Cornelius partnership has yet to impress. Neither dominates the air and I can totally see Trinidad getting something off a set play. In a one off game, I find no Vitoria  terrifying for that reason.

I know Vitoria is past it in your mind, so I will offer you McGraw as a solution. Can replace some of that arial presence and he has club reps with Miller. 

Moreover, has the Swedish league even started yet? Cornelius may technically be our 2nd best or best CB, but he's not really playing yet far as I can tell. All it could take is one bone-head play from a guy lacking sharpness to doom us here.

10 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

(4-4-2)

- GK- Milan Borjan 

- LB- Alphonso Davies 

- CB- Kamal Miller 

- CB- Derek Cornelius

- RB- Alistair Johnston 

- LM- Liam Millar

- CM- Ismail Kone

- CDM- Stephen Eustaquio 

- RM- Tajon Buchanan 

- ST- Jonathan David

- ST- Cyle Larin 

I would switch out Borjan for Crepeau or St. Clair but otherwise I agree with this lineup. Subs could be something like Bair, Shaffelburg, Ahmed

21 hours ago, Obinna said:

lol anyone else find it strange how Javier manages to consistently mispell Schaffelburg's name, yet he hasn't once fell into the Miller/Millar trap?

My 11, Borjani, Vittorio, Muller (not Mullar silly), Jonstone, Davis, Bukanon, Ewwstaquio, Cone with Larin and Davids up top.  Ugbow and Cavaroni first of the bench if we are behind.  And trust me this is 100% right, I so win at futbal all the time, why am I so good???? Because I am corn fed prairie boy who always wins at futbol.  

12 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

My 11, Borjani, Vittorio, Muller (not Mullar silly), Jonstone, Davis, Bukanon, Ewwstaquio, Cone with Larin and Davids up top.  Ugbow and Cavaroni first of the bench if we are behind.  And trust me this is 100% right, I so win at futbal all the time, why am I so good???? Because I am corn fed prairie boy who always wins at futbol.  

Whos Larin? 

18 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Surprised you didn't include Lie-eh. Everyone's favorite commentator came up with that one.

4 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Surprised you didn't include Lie-eh. Everyone's favorite commentator came up with that one.

Hey stay current with the program, Lie-eh is injured. We might need to bring in a youngster, Corbeeno, or maybe Colon from Holland.  I am also hearing good things about a kid named Wobbly Pacifier, signed with an MLS club.  You need to stay on top of this like I do.  

46 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

May 11, Borjani, Vittorio, Muller (not Mullar silly), Jonstone, Davis, Bukanon, Ewwstaquio, Cone with Larin and Davids up top.  Ugbow and Cavaroni first of the bench if we are behind.  And trust me this is 100% right, I so win at futbal all the time, why am I so good???? Because I am corn fed prairie boy who always wins at futbol.  

We cap tied Edgar Davids?!?!!