CNL Play-In for Copa America: Canada vs Trinidad & Tobago - Saturday, March 23, 2024 - Frisco (greater Dallas), Texas

1 hour ago, Bigandy said:

Interesting thought especially as a inverted player. Basically it's do we give the sams slot to a youngster. 

I would rather get ali in the squad for meaningful minutes but since abzi is a dual he may deserve the call. 

We have 10+ years with davies at lb and lw, sam with 5 yearsish left. prospects like petrasso and klukowskiy who are incredibly unknown so theres a case that abzi could be a good back up filler until we get some prospects at the level they need to be. 

Initially I disagreed with you but Im coming around to this idea. 

Ali is injured and not sure he will be ready for the match.  If Biello feels Abzi has the potential to move up levels he may want to call him up now that he has agreed to be on the  57 man list. Just a hunch.

1 hour ago, FC_Hali said:

What a story that would be if Telfer or Shaw scored to knock Canada out of a spot at Copa America. 

Don't joke about this. I was very vocal on here when Telfer chose T&T and I warned it could bite us in the ass, which most people laughed off.

Up to this point I have been wrong and I hope it stays that way.

27 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Don't joke about this. I was very vocal on here when Telfer chose T&T and I warned it could bite us in the ass, which most people laughed off.

Lol.  You were the one I thought of when he posted that. 

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

How could we ever forget... 🤣

I think we have about 15 players that we need to have there. After that I would like to see some new guys brought in. The starting 11 is going to decide this game anyways.

Colyn, Bair etc would like to have these guys in with an eye on the future 

Edited by SpursFlu

1 hour ago, VinceA said:

We're past the point where we needed to say thank you, goodbye to  a number of players. Borjan and Vitoria should not be here and I'm starting to feel the same about Hoilett.

Agreed, however Hoilett still has a positive game changing moment in him.  Borjan and Vitoria also have that, but in a negative way.  I don't mind them on the bench, however wouldn't be sad if they weren't there either.  Need to be preparing for the future, not riding glory from WCQ 2+ years ago.

On 3/1/2024 at 6:13 AM, scullion44 said:

So I'm guessing it wont be shown anywhere? Too bad we probably could have gained some valuable info from these matches.

Both matches are on CEEN tv or Caribbean Entertainment Everyday Network. Available as a premium channel on Rogers/Bell. They regularly show Jamaica Premier League matches.

5 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

Plugged our guys into Vancouver's Christmas tree formation. Lineup looks absolutely killer going forward.

LINEUP111709416208211.jpg

Lots of firepower there, but I'd rather see a lineup we can actually use at Copa America.  This is way too top heavy.  1 striker is more realistic.

17 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

Plugged our guys into Vancouver's Christmas tree formation. Lineup looks absolutely killer going forward.

...if anything I would move Larin to the top and someone else in behind the striker.

I don't really like this because our midfield is too vulnerable. Staq and Kone are the future, but they need someone else in there with them because as we saw against Jamaica 1 fuck up can change the game. 

17 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

We should be able to blow T&T away with that but it does us no favours in prepping for better teams.  

That back 3 with Cornelius is pretty small and with Vitoria pretty slow.  

Really want Bair and Ugbo to be rewarded with time but we have seen the problems 2 in midfield leaves us open to. We need to be picking and training with that 3rd midfielder now.  My opinion of course.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

22 hours ago, VinceA said:

We're past the point where we needed to say thank you, goodbye to  a number of players. Borjan and Vitoria should not be here and I'm starting to feel the same about Hoilett.

Agreed, however Hoilett still has a positive game changing moment in him.  Borjan and Vitoria also have that, but in a negative way.  I don't mind them on the bench, however wouldn't be sad if they weren't there either.  Need to be preparing for the future, not riding glory from WCQ 2+ years ago.

27 minutes ago, costarg said:

Am I hallucinating or do I remember reading this exact same reply from you yesterday?

40 minutes ago, costarg said:

This is were not playing friendlies leaves us.  We should have blooded new guys a lot more, trained them in a system and given fond fairwells to some of the, honestly, biggest heroes of the national team in my adult years. 

However, we now stand at a must win game with a whole lot of questions about some key positions.

A coach would be nice as well.     

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

7 minutes ago, RS said:

Am I hallucinating or do I remember reading this exact same reply from you yesterday?

Not sure what happened - I hit reply to another thread and this text was in the box, so I assumed I didn't submit.

21 hours ago, red card said:

Both matches are on CEEN tv or Caribbean Entertainment Everyday Network. Available as a premium channel on Rogers/Bell. They regularly show Jamaica Premier League matches.

We've come a long way as a soccer nation, but we're not quite at the stage where the CPL can get more television coverage than the Jamaican Premier League.

21 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

I know others are focusing on how top-heavy this formation is, but all I can think about is how thin we still are at the back.

If Vitoria is still a potential starter, we seriously need to start getting some friendlies in for LDF, JKL and other highly promising young prospects. We need anchors for 2026.