CNL Play-In for Copa America: Canada vs Trinidad & Tobago - Saturday, March 23, 2024 - Frisco (greater Dallas), Texas

Just now, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Very little to do with that.

People are frustrated because he has had a number of looks at cross and even the net as has fluffed them all.

For you Tajon is there to put in crosses, that's it? Seems like a minor role to be asked to play.

They are sitting deep, so you are right we need to find the trailing attacker. Ubgo leading the line and Larin and David in behind, and that is who Tajon needs to find. Fine, but they have a lot of guys back, we are not catching them on the counter and I have not seen any trailing striker open so far. 

Just now, Unnamed Trialist said:

For you Tajon is there to put in crosses, that's it? Seems like a minor role to be asked to play.

They are sitting deep, so you are right we need to find the trailing attacker. Ubgo leading the line and Larin and David in behind, and that is who Tajon needs to find. Fine, but they have a lot of guys back, we are not catching them on the counter and I have not seen any trailing striker open so far. 

As my son rightfully pointed out, we aren't making the near post run on those low crosses.

The longer this goes on the better for T+T.  Missed chances, wasted corners...our guys get frustrated.  And all it takes is one Trini to bury his chance where our high powered guys have yet to.   Why do we end up playing down to these kinds of clubs....Ieeeeeeee I feel sick.  

Good low block by the T&T so far.  They created a great chance off the counter.  

We'll see what changes Biello makes so we can avoid a "Frisco Fiasco."  Changing out Ugbo might be a start because, as mentioned by others, he's a passenger out there.

Just now, Stryker911 said:

Also Davies has to be the epitome of a guy that plays down to his opponents level. He can burn by Champions League players, but struggles against a guy from Police FC.

The context here is very very different.

this is a slow and closed game, that’s for starters 

3 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Very little to do with that.

People are frustrated because he has had a number of looks at cross and even the net as has fluffed them all.

Who's playing better than Tajon?   

Full credit to T&T - they are are playing the low-mid block well and forcing us to beat them with quality/chemistry.  The fact is, with such a short camp and with this weird formation, we have very little chemistry up front.  It will probably take a moment of individual brilliance to break them down.

They should have given this game to Canada and played it in Canada , Canada as the higher ranked team in the FIFA rankings . What’s the purpose of playing this game in front of family and friends , there is no one there . 

I know people are saying to take off Larin or Ugbo but if I am hoping for someone to greater a moment of magic I am keeping Larin on.  I think he has earned it.  Shaff (or Millar if he is healthy) for Ugbo.   Or (preferably) rejig the formation with Ugbo off and Piette on to move to a 3–5-2 with a CDM to allow draw and Kone to push up.