CNL Play-In for Copa America: Canada vs Trinidad & Tobago - Saturday, March 23, 2024 - Frisco (greater Dallas), Texas

12 minutes ago, Macksam said:

Indeed, feels like Honduras 2012 in its build up. 

I guess every time something is so clearly on the line...it's nerve-wracking. 

Then (and like so many times before), it was "please, for once, just take a next-step". 

Now, it is "please, show you're not a flash-in-the-pan".

Overall, I think I prefer now?  But I might be getting ahead of myself. 

Everybody enjoy.

4 hours to kick off, feel so long…

Have to do something to get clock running faster. How about us to contest on start lineup prediction? One for 3-5-2, one for 4-4-2

3-5-2 

Crepeau

Johnston-Cornelius-Miller

Buchanan-Kobe-Estaquio-Bombito-Davies

David-Larin

4-4-2

Crepeau

Johnston-Cornelius-Bombito-Davies

Buchanan-Kone-Estaquio-Millar

David-Larin

If I were Biello at the situation, I will put my stamp on choosing 4-4-2 with ending the brotherhood, start Davies at WB (can be adjusted in game), give inshape/hot players playing time.

It’s do or die time. Let’s make some changes before it’s too late.

This group essentially have gone through WCQ/WC/NL finals and include some of the best quality players in our history. They snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in their last game and if they needed a reminder they  probably  watched the US v Jamaica game. They are going to be  ready/focused & pumped from the opening whistle. Staq said it best. I'm only afraid of defending set pieces :). We need some height in that back line.

15 hours ago, red card said:

Biello told by Concacaf media officer to answer question in English rather than French. Concacaf later apologized. 

French people know nothing about football, especially the last 25 years.

What an awesome angle by Biello, must have driven all the Spanish speaker pressers nuts. 

Love it

9 hours ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

I get that French is not commonly spoken in the U.S. and Canada, other than in Quebec and New Brunswick, 

I'll take name this flag for 1000. 

Screenshot_2024-03-23-13-05-13-990.jpg.1f19d62664596ed7b1f634fac9742aa4.jpg

Literally pockets if you can't speak French, good luck, you have 0 chance.

This is coming from someone who works in those areas. 

I'll put your ignorance aside , consider it an acknowledgement of Canadian culture and diversity. 

Anyways Game day! Let's do it boys! 

All the best to all the Canadians today whatever language they speak! 

48 minutes ago, lamptern said:

4 hours to kick off, feel so long…

Have to do something to get clock running faster. How about us to contest on start lineup prediction? One for 3-5-2, one for 4-4-2

3-5-2 

Crepeau

Johnston-Cornelius-Miller

Buchanan-Kobe-Estaquio-Bombito-Davies

David-Larin

4-4-2

Crepeau

Johnston-Cornelius-Bombito-Davies

Buchanan-Kone-Estaquio-Millar

David-Larin

If I were Biello at the situation, I will put my stamp on choosing 4-4-2 with ending the brotherhood, start Davies at WB (can be adjusted in game), give inshape/hot players playing time.

It’s do or die time. Let’s make some changes before it’s too late.

I love this 4-4-2 with Bombito and Cornelius, but I feel he'll go with the back 3.

11 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

I'll put your ignorance aside , consider it an acknowledgement of Canadian culture and diversity. 

well...that's an Ontario trillium...and a Quebec fleur-de-lis.  So that must be a Quebec-Ontario flag...like say flies in Cobalt, or that region!

17 minutes ago, shermanator said:

It's put up or shut up time for the players today. The bandwagon emptied long ago and this is a great chance to get eyes on the national team once again after the shit show from June 2022 to today.

I don't even want to consider the ramifications of a loss right now, let's hope we get things done today and we can start taking positive steps forward again!

54 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

What is, the franco-Ontario flag.

Sorry, I tried to give you more than one of those "like" face thingies, but it wouldn't let me.  

2 minutes ago, vancanman said:

You were quoted at saying that French is not commonly spoken in Canada, other than in Québec and New Brunswick.

Of course I know there are French speakers in Ontario. I live an hour from Hawkesbury, and French is commonly spoken there. I meant big picture. When you look at actual percentages, only 3.8 per cent of Ontarians are mother-tongue French.

There is still a sizable population, but it is a very small percentage of the province. That was the basis for my comment. It's a lot more common in Quebec (84 per cent) and N.B. (30 per cent). 

Full breakdown here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/canadian-heritage/services/official-languages-bilingualism/publications/statistics.html

12 minutes ago, vancanman said:

You were quoted at saying that French is not commonly spoken in Canada, other than in Québec and New Brunswick.

Just now, DeRo_Is_King said:

Of course I know there are French speakers in Ontario. I live an hour from Hawkesbury, and French is commonly spoken there. I meant big picture. When you look at actual percentages, only 3.8 per cent of Ontarians are mother-tongue French.

There is still a sizable population, but it is a very small percentage of the province. That was the basis for my comment. It's a lot more common in Quebec (84 per cent) and N.B. (30 per cent). 

Full breakdown here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/canadian-heritage/services/official-languages-bilingualism/publications/statistics.html

Hmm.

I think both POVs have had a nice explanation submitted, with mutual recognition and understandings!  And come to a possibly amicable conclusion...

3 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

Full breakdown here:

Thank you for rewording it.  My dander, which had previously been up, is now down.

Allez les Rouges!  🇨🇦