CNL Play-In for Copa America: Canada vs Trinidad & Tobago - Saturday, March 23, 2024 - Frisco (greater Dallas), Texas

9 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Two big losses. Laryea in particular is a big loss. Adekugbe we had already come to terms with.

Big chance for some guys to step up, though. Ahmed immediately comes to mind, as does Bombito, but who else?

I don't think we bring Abzi, but with two fullbacks out this is the best opportunity for him in a while. Maybe we bring Zator? ZBG hasn't yet found a club and Godihno nor Heibert seem to be in the picture.

So yeah, I expect Ahmed and Bombito will be the cover for the full back spots, even though Ahmed is probably a midfielder for Canada and Bombito a CB. 

3 minutes ago, Shway said:

Okay Biello.....I see you!

This is a great squad selection! He's reading this forum.
No Borjan, No Hoilett, No Vitoria

I'm glad that I didn't bet a mortgage payment on Fanduel because I thought for sure that he would have  these three in his squad.

4 minutes ago, narduch said:

20240312_110335.jpg

Wild selection given biellos conservative approach last time.

3 gk 
5 CB
2 FB
5 CM 
3 wingers
5 strikers 

Im thinking this is a 3-5-2
Crepeau 
AJ/LDF Cornelius/Waterman Miller/Bombito
Buchanan/shaf kone/piette staq/choiniere Oso davies/millar
David/Ugbo Larin/bair 

JRR, Sirious, DSC

What can I say? Dream squad, basically.

I lauded the benefit of Vitoria, but happy to see him left off. Very happy to live and die with our youth. Same goes for Cavallini, Borjan and even Hoilett, who I still value but not complaining about his omission. Next oldest guys are Oso and Piette, don't mind either here.

Obviously over the moon about Bair and Ugbo. Love how they played their way on. Congrats to them both.

LDF is clearly committed. I hope he can earn some minutes. Choniere, Schaffelburg and SIROIS! Massive.

Speaking of Massive (Columbus pun) I see JRR there. The fact he seems to be in the mix for starts in 2024 makes it feel like his call is more justified as opposed to coming as injury cover.

Finally, I really like the Waterman recall, but a bit disappointed for MacNaughton and (to a lesser extent) McGraw. In reality we are only calling 1 of those 3 for any given selection, so I am fine that Waterman was who they went with. Hopefully the others get a look as they continute to shine in MLS.