CNL Play-In for Copa America: Canada vs Trinidad & Tobago - Saturday, March 23, 2024 - Frisco (greater Dallas), Texas

2 hours ago, JAVIERF said:

That's my eleveb ,  I like Millar and Davies is a bit arrogant ( he has his reasons ). But I place my best 11,: the passing style Argentina but with Canadian dudes ,   DAVIES I can only have him as right nid or left back.   Of course Shaffenburg and Buchanan are better players for me that the rest you have on the flanks .

You need to keep it on the deck grass football,  no long ball nonsense , tiki taka

At least Javier is somewhat entertaining. Completely out to lunch but entertaining. His posts don't drive me batshit crazy like Ozzie the Blizzard.

9 hours ago, longlugan said:

At least Javier is somewhat entertaining. Completely out to lunch but entertaining. His posts don't drive me batshit crazy like Ozzie the Blizzard.

He has the effect of trolling, but you are right, it is mostly harmless. And he writes creatively. 

My personal opinion is that the most entertaining poster on this board, and has been for years, is @Cheeta when he gets going. I have no idea who the Wee Elf is but it's the best apocryphal character on the board. 

12 hours ago, Shway said:

When are we  expecting to see this roster released. Friday the 15th?

I have a feeling a few "expected" names will be dropped. 

Inside info or just a guess?

Edited by BearcatSA

This is shaping up to be a massive game for the players and the program. I would go so far as to say it's the biggest game for the CMNT since the WC. A win not only gets us into COPA, but significantly increases the likelihood of snagging a top notch coach with COPA and WC26 at home. Then there is the friendly with the Netherlands and possibly more on the horizon. Certainly an appealing opportunity for a highly rated coach. Could be the turning point for us.

5 hours ago, Kadenge said:

This is shaping up to be a massive game for the players and the program. I would go so far as to say it's the biggest game for the CMNT since the WC. A win not only gets us into COPA, but significantly increases the likelihood of snagging a top notch coach with COPA and WC26 at home. Then there is the friendly with the Netherlands and possibly more on the horizon. Certainly an appealing opportunity for a highly rated coach. Could be the turning point for us.

And I would hats off to Biello if he got the job done on Mar 23 and hands over the post to the new comer.

6 hours ago, Kadenge said:

The "biggest game since" conversation is often a bit weird. I would argue that the Jamaica home game was bigger than the T&T game. The prize for winning the T&T game is getting to the Copa America. The prize for winning the Jamaica game would have been getting to the Copa America, and having a shot at the Nations League trophy and playing a couple of games against better competition than T&T.

But as is often the case with "biggest game since" talk, that game is no longer considered a big game because we already failed at it.

5 hours ago, Kadenge said:

I know everyone loves name brands, but to me it doesn't excite me, and when you look around the world it doesn't necessarily work.

Ive seen the success of Croatia, Morocco, Ivory Coast, and Qatar a recognize that their coach is either homegrown or has been naturalized....and then think about our recent past success and realize that Herdman was a naturalized as well. I think him being around and knowing the players is a big understatement to his success. 

There's not much options, but I want someone homegrown/naturalized leading our nation, and it's less about being patriotic. 

9 hours ago, Kent said:

The "biggest game since" conversation is often a bit weird. I would argue that the Jamaica home game was bigger than the T&T game. The prize for winning the T&T game is getting to the Copa America. The prize for winning the Jamaica game would have been getting to the Copa America, and having a shot at the Nations League trophy and playing a couple of games against better competition than T&T.

But as is often the case with "biggest game since" talk, that game is no longer considered a big game because we already failed at it.

The home game vs Jamaica should have been, but after the 1-2 away win and the return game at BMO where the team had not lost in what seems like forever, I'm not sure it was viewed that way at the time simply because the concensus was that we would progress. And then there was always  option 2 which is now a do or die vs T&T.

9 hours ago, Shway said:

I know everyone loves name brands, but to me it doesn't excite me, and when you look around the world it doesn't necessarily work.

Ive seen the success of Croatia, Morocco, Ivory Coast, and Qatar a recognize that their coach is either homegrown or has been naturalized....and then think about our recent past success and realize that Herdman was a naturalized as well. I think him being around and knowing the players is a big understatement to his success. 

There's not much options, but I want someone homegrown/naturalized leading our nation, and it's less about being patriotic. 

Is Biello not a  homegrown?

7 hours ago, JAVIERF said:

My team for T and T 

1- Borjan

2 Johnston

3 Layrea 

4 Vitoria 

5 Miller 

6 Fraser 

7 Buchanan 

8 Eustaquio

9 David 

10 Colyn 

11 Shaffenburg 

Tiki Taka ,  no Tony Cascarinos on the pitch,  pick and role , and Colyn will excel in the 10 role,

Davies only for Johnston and Layrea going to the right back position ,  the only subtle change I would make in 2 Nd half.  Maybe Larin/Bair for David and Curbeanu and Millar for the wingers 

The Fraser/Eustaquio / Colyn axis won't change