CNL: Canada vs Jamaica - Tuesday, November 21st - 7:30pm EST / 4:30pm Pacific - Toronto

1 minute ago, Shway said:

What did you see that was Concacafy? Trying to time waste when Leon when down and the ball was thrown out by Blake and Canada didn't return it?

I didn't see them doing anything like the usual culprits of Concacaf...(feigning injuries, dirty shit, referee intimidation, etc.)

Well there was the most obvious case of feigning injury that even the ref had no choice but to give Gray a yellow. Then of course Gray tries to sneak back on the field to play the ball before he was allowed back on, resulting in the second yellow.

I also noticed a bunch of off the ball stuff behind the play that was a bit shady. Nothing at Honduras level or anything but little pushes to the backs of players as they run by (although I admit they could’ve been retaliating for some of Laryea’s tactics).

4 minutes ago, RS said:

Well there was the most obvious case of feigning injury that even the ref had no choice but to give Gray a yellow. Then of course Gray tries to sneak back on the field to play the ball before he was allowed back on, resulting in the second yellow.

I also noticed a bunch of off the ball stuff behind the play that was a bit shady. Nothing at Honduras level or anything but little pushes to the backs of players as they run by (although I admit they could’ve been retaliating for some of Laryea’s tactics).

Yea this sounds more like sorrows than anything. I felt like there was too much mutual respect between the players. Only until shit went sour.

5 minutes ago, Shway said:

Here's the VAR...

Extremely harsh call on Staq, his arm was close to his body. 

Happens at 6:33

This is the first time I have seen it - that is a pretty weak PK call.  His arm is by his side, the guy kicks the ball at it and he is actively trying to move it away from the ball. Inside the stadium it was surprising and now I understand why.  

12 minutes ago, Shway said:

Yea this sounds more like sorrows than anything. I felt like there was too much mutual respect between the players. Only until shit went sour.

I mean, Gray’s double yellow was FAR more cynical than anything I’ve seen Canada pull when they finally came around to CONCACAFing.

He rolled in agony but then hopped up to push the stretcher away because he was pissed that the ref wouldn’t allow Jamaica’s medical staff onto the field to help him waste more time. Then tried to sneak back onto the field after the ref told him to go to the sidelines.

That was obviously the biggest incident but it coloured the rest of the game for me.

4 minutes ago, spitfire said:

How Ali doesn’t come on I’m in midfield in the first change  I don’t know he was electric in the gold cup and he’s been so good for Vancouver… 

I get it if we were chasing the game. But Kaye is more calm on the ball than Ali. It won't be a popular opinion but if we were chasing the game (at the time we weren't) then I would've preferred to Ali. 

Was just bad timing.

I didnt watch the match (as not in Canada so couldnt find it).  But I just watched the highlights.  This is not a homer call but I thought all 3 Jamaican goals should not have been allowed. On the first one, the guy comes through Eustaquio from behind and while he gets the ball, he takes him down. That is a foul. Previously, that was a fine tackle but in today's footie you cannot come through a person from behind even if you get the ball.  It should have been a yellow card as you can't take someone down anymore from behind even if you get the ball as its dangerous play.  On the second one, the Jamaican player clearly pulls Kone's arm and he goes down. Did he go down too easily?  Perhaps, but that is a clear foul nevertheless.  On the third one, that is ball to hand rather than hand to ball 9 times out of 10.  The arm is not in an unnatural position and he doesn't move it towards the ball but away from it.  Shouldn't  have been a penalty.  I am  not sure what the VAR ref was doing on all these calls.

True, Jamaica had other chances but so did we and probably the better chances then them that we missed in total.  I know people are calling this a total collapse but I see it more as us being concaf'd.  

I was at the game I’m honestly a bit speechless as to how we didn’t close out the game (could have been 3-0 first half) and then how we didn’t react when they scored their 3rd … the subs  baffled me I have to decompress and think about it. Think Liam should have been in early. Not everything came off but he showed at least a real urgency and desire to try things(even if they didn’t come off). The last 5 mins we were afraid to cross it.. 
we have to move on and try to figure it out. There is way too much talent and potential to now be getting through these matches. 

1 minute ago, spinrack said:

Mexico has beaten Honduras.  I think Canada will now face Trinidad in the last-chance Copa qualifier.

Trinidad is no Jamaica.........but I would prefer Costa Rica or Honduras. It's the underdog that makes me nervous, and the way Trinidad play doesn't help our style.

Just now, spinrack said:

Mexico has beaten Honduras.  I think Canada will now face Trinidad in the last-chance Copa qualifier.

If we play like tonight and also don’t get the calls that we should have gotten or get penalties called that are not penalties,  it doesn’t matter who we play in that last chance Copa America qualifier we are not winning !