CNL: Canada vs Jamaica - Tuesday, November 21st - 7:30pm EST / 4:30pm Pacific - Toronto

5 minutes ago, costarg said:

Wrong.  Watch the game again, including what he did to Gray.  Not necessary.  That is not a veteran.  He's a great shot stopper and fun presence.  But he's cost us soo much soo many times with his brain farts.

Agreed. I dont know why Crepeau isn't given the nets already, I did appreciate Borjans post game comments tonight though, so he is a good leader Ill give him that

This is a really big step backwards.  Hell, it's a step backwards from just a few days ago when we won away!  To lose like this at home is a real shame.  Biello can't be hired after this, just on optics alone.  Fact is that there is a lot riding on the play-in in March.  For us to miss Copa 24 would be a disaster.

To all my now SILENT doubters,

Can someone explain to me why Ahmed played a GRAND COMBINED TOTAL of 0 minutes in both legs? Literally thought he wasn’t called up and now I see why. Can someone explain to me why someone like invisible Oso gets ahead of him at this point? A response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by anthony7

47 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Agree except if we won we’d play the same amount of games if not more in the nations league semis and perhaps finals. 

This is the consoling part.   The goal here is to qualify for Copa.  How we do it doesn't matter except that wrapping it up sooner (like tonight) would have been better.  If we qualify for Copa and do well at Copa,  this result can be forgotten.  

After playing at WC 86, and WC 2022, playing in Copa would be the most important competition in the history of the program.  We dont get any other chances to play quality competition in official matches.   

Was I the only one frustrated with Wheeler for being too ignorant to properly report after conceiding the penalty we actually needed 2 goals to advance or even force play beyond 90 minutes? 

Part of eventually becoming a soccer nation is getting quality football media in across the country. We are almost starved for it even with the tiny progress weve made in the last decade or so.

Edited by Joe Keeper

3 minutes ago, Joe Keeper said:

Was I the only one frustrated with Wheeler for being too ignorant to properly report after conceiding the penalty we actually needed 2 goals to advance or even force play beyond 90 minutes? 

Part of eventually becoming a soccer natiin is getting quality football media in across the country. We are almost starved for it even with the tuny progress weve made in the last decade or so.

I did enjoy Moscato and Wilson at half time as well the post game review.

51 minutes ago, GasPed said:

Guys, let's face it - this game was just about two critical mistakes by our midfielders.  That's it.  Biello, Borjan, subs, whatever - the fact is, Kone and Staq don't cough up the ball, we win the game.  It's that simple.

Players cough up the ball all the time. If you're expecting them to be perfect with such poor movement, then I'm not sure what to tell you. 

2 hours ago, eramosat said:

very entertaining.  and awfully tidy, c'mon, the only time the progression stops is in the final quarter.  Jamaica has very little counter due to strong face-up deefense.  This is as complete a game as Canada  has shown for quite some time.

my only consolation is this is the last moment I watched live.   I am still in disbelief that Canada lost this match, let alone the entire tie.  It makes zero sense.