CNL: Canada vs Jamaica - Tuesday, November 21st - 7:30pm EST / 4:30pm Pacific - Toronto

4 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Lol come on.

Borjan’s half-second juggle had nothing to do with Eustaquio’s horrendous giveaway, the iffy penalty and Kone’s giveaway. First goal should have been saved? All he could do was stick a leg out and hope he got lucky. Let’s be real - Borjan wasn’t a problem tonight 

It's called poking the bear.  Well known phrase in all sports and life in general.  It was the turning point.  THE EXACT TURNING POINT.  This is classic Borjan, he is good, entertaining and passionate, but so many mental errors.

Edited by costarg

Just now, Shway said:

I can't blame Biello other than the latter subs. The players second half should be to blame for the utter disappointment.

guess that depends on how much you think the coach is able to do any calming/directing/focusing of the players. herdman often did the borjan injury timeout to regroup the guys 

1 minute ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

I thought a bunch of things were all over the place about the format.

Europe doesn't use away goals.?

Using a point system after a two legged tie to determine seeding?

It should’ve just gone to extra time after it’s tied in my opinion, not confident we would’ve won but I still think it’s a stupid rule

Hard to say how much one can blame the interim coach specifically, but in general interims are interims for a reason (or two). 

All I know is that we need to find a coach who can teach this relatively talented, relatively young group how to play cohesive, disciplined international football.

I'm gonna say it out loud, but I am SOO frustrated with Davies. Yeah, he's double and triple-teamed, but he does not use that to full advantage. Holds the ball far too long, dribbles into trouble, tries to be the hero. He'd score a lot more goals if he passed the damn ball and moved into space.

11 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

It’s sad because we had ideas in the first half but we’re over reliant on Davies and teams figured that out. We are so much better than this and we should beat this Jamaica team, but we can’t break down the opposition. 

We have won big games without Davies in the game. Now, he is a one trick pony who is double or tripled teamed every time. Plus, as you all say, he is terrible on dead balls. Try him at fullback and play a proper game up front - no ball hogging.