CNL: Canada vs Jamaica - Tuesday, November 21st - 7:30pm EST / 4:30pm Pacific - Toronto

1 minute ago, Stryker911 said:

I wonder of Wheels likes delayed offsides?

So, it seems that he thinks that the ref is hesitating because he's not sure.  However, I thought the ref delays the offside to let the play continue so that it can be reviewed by VAR.  Sometimes you want the ref to let the play happen.

1 minute ago, El Hombre said:

So, it seems that he thinks that the ref is hesitating because he's not sure.  However, I thought the ref delays the offside to let the play continue so that it can be reviewed by VAR.  Sometimes you want the ref to let the play happen.

Yes you’re right. Wheeler should know better if that is what he believes.

Entertaining half. We're much tidier than the last match, though still making silly unforced errors. We're panicking on the counter, with three or four guys zipping forward--and often ending up offside. It is fine to have a couple, even three, options forward, but it is also important to have a couple of lateral options. 

We need to bury the game early in the second half. One or two goals. Jamaica doesn't look amazing, but they are still very much in this.

Edited by The Beaver 2.0

Just now, The Beaver 2.0 said:

Entertaining half. We're much tidier than the last match, though still making silly unforced errors. We're panicking about on the counter, with three or four guys zipping forward--and often ending up offside. It is fine to have a couple, even three, options forward, but it is also important to have a couple of lateral options. 

We need to bury the game early in the second half. One or two goals. Jamaica doesn't look amazing, but they are still very much in this.

very entertaining.  and awfully tidy, c'mon, the only time the progression stops is in the final quarter.  Jamaica has very little counter due to strong face-up deefense.  This is as complete a game as Canada  has shown for quite some time.

1 minute ago, eramosat said:

very entertaining.  and awfully tidy, c'mon, the only time the progression stops is in the final quarter.  Jamaica has very little counter due to strong face-up deefense.  This is as complete a game as Canada  has shown for quite some time.

We're in control here but I think we need to keep to the script.