Vancouver Whitecaps - 2024 Season Thread

Big_M

21 minutes ago, narduch said:

Whitecaps announcing a signing soon

If it's anyone besides Ocampo it will be shocking. And he might be fine, but RB was not their most pressing need considering they don't play with a RB and have a glut of average wingers already.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Watchmen said:

Best of luck to him.

Just the other day, I found myself in a conversation about the Canada-Australia inter-continental playoff back in '94. My mate, with whom I was talking, is a Glaswegian Celtic supporter. I actually said to him, "St Johnstone legend, Nick Dasovic, scored an egregious OG in the first leg. It was more than 20 years before I ever forgave him!"

And, it's true. I always had a snide word for Nick whenever his name came up until I actually met him in person when he was coaching a Whitecaps' academy team touring England 25 years after the events at Commonwealth. I spoke to him for about 10-15 minutes and he was absolutely the loveliest bloke you could ever meet. I wish him nothing but the best with this new job.

Gauld called up for the Scottish National team in the next window. Good for him. Will miss the Sept 7th game against Dallas though.

Thinking that game could now be a bit tricky. Gauld, Ahmed, Adekugbe, Picault all called up that I know about.

On 8/27/2024 at 11:24 AM, Watchmen said:

Gauld called up for the Scottish National team in the next window. Good for him. Will miss the Sept 7th game against Dallas though.

Thinking that game could now be a bit tricky. Gauld, Ahmed, Adekugbe, Picault all called up that I know about.

it's gonna be a gongshow lol 

so glad that mls scheduling punishes teams that have players good enough to play internationally 👍

36 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Whitecaps have won 8/12 official matches in the last two months. Includes Voyageurs Cup and Leagues Cup.

Tonight we didn't have a shot on goal against.

I just caught bits being jetlagged. 

I was only able to catch parts, but they had a disallowed goal for offside that was probably on and Austin posed no real threat for most of the game, from what I saw.

10 hours ago, Watchmen said:

I was only able to catch parts, but they had a disallowed goal for offside that was probably on and Austin posed no real threat for most of the game, from what I saw.

match commentators mentioned brian white's name more than driussi, basically says it all

4 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

That's my concern.

I don't see an impact signing here for this season, frankly, but I hope I am wrong. 

A bigger issue for the stretch run is the head health of White.  A second time this season in concussion protoccol is a concern.