Vancouver Whitecaps - 2024 Season Thread

Big_M

Berhalter has been great lately, but Vanni having him play as a RCB in a back three when up a goal is the dumbest thing Vanni has done all year. Put Halbouni in or play 4 at the back. Having the wingers press up with that back three was suicidal. So tired of this crap from Vanni, this team has so much more potential. 

35 minutes ago, Soro17 said:

Berhalter has been great lately, but Vanni having him play as a RCB in a back three when up a goal is the dumbest thing Vanni has done all year. Put Halbouni in or play 4 at the back. Having the wingers press up with that back three was suicidal. So tired of this crap from Vanni, this team has so much more potential. 

Nearly forgot about this guy. Noticed he bounces back and forth between the first and second teams and yet rarely sees minutes with either squad. Do I have that right? Any opinions on his season?

6 minutes ago, nolando said:

Nearly forgot about this guy. Noticed he bounces back and forth between the first and second teams and yet rarely sees minutes with either squad. Do I have that right? Any opinions on his season?

TSN seems to have forgotten about him too, listed #12 as Kam Habibullah in the pre-game graphic! Anyway, zero MLS minutes and only 4 reserve squad matches. I think he had some Canadian Championship minutes too. 

Fingers crossed on Gauld’s injury. Amateur hour from TSN, no one in the stadium to get an update. 

10 hours ago, Soro17 said:

Having the wingers press up with that back three was suicidal. So tired of this crap from Vanni, this team has so much more potential. 

Wiith a seriously out-of-position player forced into RCB, and your d-mid already subbed out for second yellow card concerns, you'd think the team would provide more support down that side.  Maybe that was the coaching instruction but it was unheeded as hero ball was continued.

@Watchmen did CKNW have a post game show?  I put on the live feed right after the match but there was no soccer programming.

29 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

Wiith a seriously out-of-position player forced into RCB, and your d-mid already subbed out for second yellow card concerns, you'd think the team would provide more support down that side.  Maybe that was the coaching instruction but it was unheeded as hero ball was continued.

@Watchmen did CKNW have a post game show?  I put on the live feed right after the match but there was no soccer programming.

I honestly don't know how the CKNW broadcast is working.  I think it's direct from their site only, because it's never on the radio as I'm driving home.  Which is disappointing - I could understand if there was a conflict with the Lions game, but when there's not you'd think the main station could carry it.

11 hours ago, Soro17 said:

Berhalter in a back 3 late.  Martins in a back 3 to start the game.  As I've said, Vanni puts players in a position to fail, and then wonders why it didn't work.  He's tactically inflexible, because he thinks his system should work, despite the continued proof that it doesn't - his "perfect defense" has not kept a clean sheet in MLS since May 4th.

36 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

I honestly don't know how the CKNW broadcast is working.  I think it's direct from their site only, because it's never on the radio as I'm driving home.  Which is disappointing - I could understand if there was a conflict with the Lions game, but when there's not you'd think the main station could carry it.

Frankly, that's a joke and a massive failure of local media.  No live post game show, no live presser with the coach available to be seen by the local fanbase unless you get snippets of the Caps' Pravda twitter feed well after the fact.

The opposite of "Major League." 

10 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

Frankly, that's a joke and a massive failure of local media.  No live post game show, no live presser with the coach available to be seen by the local fanbase unless you get snippets of the Caps' Pravda twitter feed well after the fact.

The opposite of "Major League." 

Might be available in their audio archive:

https://globalnews.ca/pages/whitecaps/

The Wrexham friendly makes the TSN evening line up.  Well, at least some back ups and Academy guys can get a run about while Deadpool can hang in the technical area and have a ham-off against Sartini.

9 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

The Wrexham friendly makes the TSN evening line up.  Well, at least some back ups and Academy guys can get a run about while Deadpool can hang in the technical area and have a ham-off against Sartini.

Vanni managed to get a yellow card for histrionics after the goal. In a friendly. What a clown.