Toronto FC - 2024 Season Thread

Big_M

If you have signed two guys on over $20 million dollars per season and they aren't getting the job done against the Forge questions are eventually going to be asked as to WTF is going on even where the non-soccer types at MLSE are concerned who mainly care about the Leafs and Raptors. Hopefully, whoever replaces Manning will be soccer rather than CFL oriented.

Before this I though Herdman and Hernandez would have all of 2025 but seems like Pelley doesnt wait around...the team probably has to be in a playoff spot in the first half of 2025 for them to continue

10 minutes ago, costarg said:

I'm thinking it may have been a Herdman PowerPoint that drove it home.

Given TFC have lost something like six games on the bounce now he shouldn't be getting too comfortable in his new position. New GM hires usually want to be able to be able to select their own guy for the coaching role and John Herdman's reputation in office politics terms probably precedes him by this point.

44 minutes ago, Big_M said:

Before this I though Herdman and Hernandez would have all of 2025 but seems like Pelley doesnt wait around...the team probably has to be in a playoff spot in the first half of 2025 for them to continue

And it certainly should be in a playoff spot by then.  They'll have had this summer transfer window and the off season.  There's no reason for a team with TFC's resources not to be in a playoff spot by that point.

Edited by Kingston

We host Philadelphia tomorrow.

Philly is one of the only MLS teams doing as badly as we are at the moment.  They are winless in nine, one point out of last in the East, and have their own list of missing players.  We even have a three game lead in the all time series.

If there is going to be a game where we can start to turn things around and get some positive momentum, this is it.

just watched curtins pre game conference...mcglynn and harriel are gone to the olympics but theyll have uhre and bueno back and are trying to get blake and martinez back for this one also...they have a better away record than at home and they average 2 goals scored per game on the road...theyre going all out for the win to get their season back on track and make playoffs...theyre seeing this as do or die

can easily see them taking it with their mentality away record and players back and with our losing streak

Out
Coello
Laryea
Osorio
Servania
Spicer

all three italians + longstaff and osorio are a yellow away from suspension

think herdman goes back to petretta long gomis at the back...start franklin or rutty at wb

owusu
insigne etienne
franklin flores longstaff bernardeschi
petretta long gomis
johnson

bench gavran o'neill rosted mabika rutty thompson mailula kerr +call up a striker you cant have just 1 real striker in your matchday squad

3 hours ago, jordan said:

A long time from what I remember, maybe 5 years or more

Is this the first jazz/CMNT intersection the forum has ever had?

I'm all for it.

Richie Laryea is the soccer equivalent of Bobby Timmons.

At least based on the pregame rosters per MLS, both teams are going with three at the back.  I guess both feel the other is vulnerable to a vigorous attack.  Which isn’t wrong.  This could end up being a high scoring game.