Toronto FC - 2024 Season Thread

Big_M

On 6/28/2024 at 7:57 AM, Kingston said:

At least he'll be back for the playoffs.

Playoffs they are lucky if they win another game this season, yes it’s back to seeing if they can pick up another win for the remainder of the season , I remember them being in this exact same position last year around this time people wondering if another win was possible for the remainder of the season . After a promising start this team has looked utterly garbage since their last win against Montreal .

While it saved me last night after the Copa game the setting “show scores” should transfer when you get a new tv. Feel like the default should be not showing the scores.

That was just a ridiculous way to lose a point on the road.  I'm sure Gavran will have his own nightmares about it.

Game 21 last season was also a loss so we remain at +5 on the year.

Next up, Orlando come to visit on Wednesday.  A win would see us extend our all time lead (currently 9-3-8) against Orlando.  They are also in a bit of tailspin at the moment and have a pretty long list of missing players (mainly international duty), so hopefully we can actually play well and stop the bleeding.

gallese and cartagena should be back as peru is eliminated and johnson back for toronto...maybe even brekalo for orlando...big guns duncan mcguire nicolas lodeiro facundo torres coming to town...sounds like herdman sees mabika as a good matchup for mcguire...long suspended osorio laryea at copa america and servania spicer coello injured and kerr had something in the warmups in atlanta so 6-7 players out for tfc

4 hours ago, narduch said:

They will probably still announce it as 23,000

What?? Your saying announced isnt the same as actual asses in the seats that I can see on my TV at any given time??  We should create a thread about this.  People need to know, they need to know.....soylent green....its......its..... its made out of people........its made out of people damn you, damn you all to hell you dirty stinking apes.  

CharltonHeston21.jpg

Another very disappointing game.  My three thoughts:

On offence, regenerated some movement going forward, but very few actual good chances. Too many hopeful, long crosses and not enough penetration in the box into dangerous areas.

On defense, the opposite was true. We gave away too many reasonable opportunities so Orlando was bound to score eventually. I’ve been a bad luck on your own goal obviously but I don’t think our defence is at the level it needs to be.

Non-sarcastically, we really missed Osorio being a solid presence in the centre of the field.  We were missing that guy who could break up Orlando’s attacks at midfield and get the ball turned around the other way. Many times we also cleared the ball from our box but then immediately gave it up again in the middle of the park.  I will be glad to see him back.

Last season we also lost this game so we remain at +5 on the season.

Edited by Kingston