Toronto FC - 2024 Season Thread

Big_M

3 hours ago, Behrou said:

Looking at teams like  villa and Tottenham how the new coaches have made different 

Make me hope John can have same impact 

Let’s hope , but he is taking a big chance here , if he screws up forget about a club coaching future for this guy .

On 12/10/2023 at 2:18 PM, Behrou said:

Looking at teams like  villa and Tottenham how the new coaches have made different 

Make me hope John can have same impact 

Depends on how long his leash is....TFC don't have much spending room, and I can't see how Berna or INsigne will work in JH coveted 352.

13 hours ago, Shway said:

Depends on how long his leash is....TFC don't have much spending room, and I can't see how Berna or INsigne will work in JH coveted 352.

I don't think they hire Herdman and then constrain his activities.

The question about the future of the DPs is a glaring one but one that would hold for any coach.  At this point, I'd be slightly surprised if both of them are back next season but not surprised to see one of them back.

1 hour ago, Metro said:

As a TFC supporter, I find this...concerning.

What's worse:  A President/GM who happily admits he relied on transfermarkt for his two DP signings, or a manager who admits his team was not ready for their biggest tournament in their lives and blames everyone but himself?

My thoughts exactly.  Seems every achievement is due to him, while every failure is everyone else's fault.  Even Andi Petrillo noted that on her latest Overdrive stint, referencing the callout of the players me attitude for the WC performance and the CSA callout for not winning Nations League.  I don't have a good feeling for the next few years. 

I bet Insigne and Berna must be excited that they may get to play with the number 1 pick in the SuperDraft.  
They better get a solid spine for this year. Need a striker, top cm and CB at the very least.  
Only attended 1 game last year and it will be similar unless something drastically changes.  Hoping Herdman works his sizzle and creates more out of the working parts.