--Rosted--Mabika--Petretta
Franklin--Longstaff--Flores--Spicer
--------Etienne----Insigne---------
---------------Kerr--------------

Thin bench either way
Ranjitsingh Gomis Pearlman Coello Thompson Mailula

Going in this one with 17 players unless short term agreements are signed

5 hours ago, Big_M said:

Staniland Batiz Sharpe sign short term agreements for tonight...fourth agreement for batiz so hes done with the first team unless he signs a first team contract

Toronto FC sign three Toronto FC II players to short-term agreements ahead of Nashville SC match

An American, Honduran and Englishman. Guess Herdman isn't goin to be the guy to give the Canadians a shot.

1 minute ago, TOcanadafan said:

Does Kosi Thompson’s short shorts prevent him from jumping?  He was brutal on that goal.

Came here just to see if I was the only one.  Absolutely brutal effort on that ball in the air.  In my opinion was already having a poor game anyways.  Coello also almost coughed up another goal around our own box earlier.  

Between injuries and suspensions, we fielded a line up that looked like something from the first leg of a Canadian Championship game against a CPL team.  As a result, a disappointing loss in what should have been a winnable away game.

Game thirteen last year was a home draw against Red Bull to get us to thirteen points.  We are still at +6 on the season.

Looking ahead the to the weekend, we host Montreal.  

While not everyone is healthy, we should be able to field a solid line up this time.

The soccer Habs are having a tough go of it, and it would be great to see that continue.  Especially as Montreal won all three meetings last season to take a one win lead in the all time series between these two teams.

20 hours ago, Kingston said:

Looking ahead the to the weekend, we host Montreal.  

While not everyone is healthy, we should be able to field a solid line up this time.

The soccer Habs are having a tough go of it, and it would be great to see that continue.  Especially as Montreal won all three meetings last season to take a one win lead in the all time series between these two teams.

Yes we need this W in the derby...definitely need it

Posted (edited)

Just saw the score, up 3-0 at the half. Hopefully some of those potential June friendly bubble players are making a case for themselves to be at the enlarged camp. 

Edit - nevermind. Hopefully some of them make an appearance off the bench. 

Edited by kacbru
Looked at the line up.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, nolando said:

Got to think Marsch is keeping close tabs and perhaps not too impressed with the Montreal brigade, at least for today. Certainly food for thought.

On the other hand, he might be thinking that he could coach these players better than the suicidal way that Courtois appears to be, as the entire team looks out of sorts 

Edited by Gian-Luca

8 hours ago, costarg said:

Without even having watched tonights match, Waterman is the first I'd say shouldn't be anywhere near CANMNT based on what he's shown this season.

He definitely struggled, but really except for Sirois, the whole team did.

1 hour ago, Ivan said:

He definitely struggled, but really except for Sirois, the whole team did.

I’m still a bit worried about his height and reach but I’m not particularly confident in Crepeau right now either.  Watched a bit of Portland game yesterday and he had a terrible drop on a cross that really should have been finished by Tani but he skied it off the crossbar from close range.  

I was at the game, and came away with quite a negative impression overall for those in the CMNT pool...

None of the Montrealers made a case to move up the CMNT depth chart tonight, but of all the Impact, I was most disappointed with Choiniere tonight (and kind of disappointed with his season thus far) as I thought he could continue his upward rise.  Vilsaint mad a mess of some glorious opportunities, Piette looked done, Waterman - yikes, and Sirois made some excellent stops but a huge gaff that just can't happen on the 2nd Fede goal.

The Canadian subs for TFC didn't make much of an impression either, although the game was over when they came on, so hard to put much weight into what I saw - but still, you have to make the most of your opportunites...  It was interesting to see Franklin play a bit more central when he came on - and thought he was his usual solid defensive self, so I give him a pass, but Kerr and Thompson just don't seem to have "it".  They're too young to give up hope, but I'm not betting on either at this point.  JMR was just meh (I'm expecting more from him because of his potential)... I really only noticed him when he had a horrible effort on goal that went 20 ft wide and high.

11 minutes ago, TOcanadafan said:

I was at the game, and came away with quite a negative impression overall for those in the CMNT pool...

None of the Montrealers made a case to move up the CMNT depth chart tonight, but of all the Impact, I was most disappointed with Choiniere tonight (and kind of disappointed with his season thus far) as I thought he could continue his upward rise.  Vilsaint mad a mess of some glorious opportunities, Piette looked done, Waterman - yikes, and Sirois made some excellent stops but a huge gaff that just can't happen on the 2nd Fede goal.

The Canadian subs for TFC didn't make much of an impression either, although the game was over when they came on, so hard to put much weight into what I saw - but still, you have to make the most of your opportunites...  It was interesting to see Franklin play a bit more central when he came on - and thought he was his usual solid defensive self, so I give him a pass, but Kerr and Thompson just don't seem to have "it".  They're too young to give up hope, but I'm not betting on either at this point.  JMR was just meh (I'm expecting more from him because of his potential)... I really only noticed him when he had a horrible effort on goal that went 20 ft wide and high.

Disappointed  I had to miss the game, but 5-1 normally indicates a complete capitulation.  I'd be surprised to hear anyone had a decent match on CFM side.

1 hour ago, TOcanadafan said:

I agree.  Thought Choiniere was disappointing considering a lot of us have him as a shoe in next to Eustaquio and Kone in our midfield.  Was dispossessed with ease by Flores on one goal.  Waterman who imo has been quite poor this season didn’t help Choiniere with that pass that also lead to a goal.

i would have had Sirois as my number 1 up until a few months has made some great saves but is also prone to mistakes this season.  The only thing going for him right now is Crepeau has probably been worse than him.  I’d have dropped St Clair from our roster a few months ago but now I feel like he’s our most inform MLS keeper, albeit a far better defence in front of him than the other two.

Wow!  So many times Montreal has beaten us when they had no business doing so.  This was great!

I could criticize the lax defending on Montreal’s one goal but I’ll leave that for Herdman to cover during practice this week. 

Game 14 last year was a loss away to Austin to stall us at 13 points   So we’re at +9 on the season.   More importantly, our current point total of 22 matches what we earned all of last season.   So any additional points this year mean we’ll do better than last year.