Toronto FC - 2024 Season Thread

Big_M

If he's caught lying through his teeth after the 17 players threw him under the bus, Rogers/Bell may pull the plug on him.  In fairness, he threw the players under after he left so karma gets you every time!

1 hour ago, Ivan said:

If he's caught lying through his teeth after the 17 players threw him under the bus, Rogers/Bell may pull the plug on him.  In fairness, he threw the players under after he left so karma gets you every time!

I do believe the Karma part which won't encourage the players to defend him, but I cannot see TFC getting rid of him for something he did elsewhere.  

2 hours ago, Trois Reds said:

Unless Herdamns's brought his drones to TFC, he's not going anywhere. Canada Soccer can't fire him now.

Maybe - maybe not.

But his comments this very day were clearly meant to mislead the press. And today (at least) he's an MLSE employee.

A win against NYRB on penalties which is worth two points. 

If Pachuca beats RBNY, we are through to the knock out round.  Otherwise we’d need to at least get to penalties against Pachuca ourselves to go through. 

On 7/28/2024 at 1:35 PM, Kingston said:

A win against NYRB on penalties which is worth two points. 

If Pachuca beats RBNY, we are through to the knock out round.  Otherwise we’d need to at least get to penalties against Pachuca ourselves to go through. 

Edited by anthony7

9 minutes ago, mtroads said:

TFC won a penalty shootout, including Jonathan Osorio scoring a goal? Shouldn't this be bigger news, even though it's in a useless tournament?

Remembering his previous PK attempts it was surprising to see him take one so early in the shootout.

Edited by to70

49 minutes ago, mtroads said:

TFC won a penalty shootout, including Jonathan Osorio scoring a goal? Shouldn't this be bigger news, even though it's in a useless tournament?

Yes, Oso, the choker converts his 1st TFC penalty in 6 attempts. In a low pressure situation. Ya, there definitely should be a ticker tape parade for the choker.

57 minutes ago, to70 said:

Remembering his previous PK attempts it was surprising to see him take one so early in the shootout.

Why not? A useless tournament & a low pressure penalty situation. Who gives a shit. When it comes to real pressure situations, he always shits the bed.

2 minutes ago, RS said:

Your only contributions on this board are to run down a specific player.

Seems like a bitter loser to me.

That is false. I speak on other topics as well. It’s just Passenger Osorio is never up standard whenever I’m watching Canada or TFC so I’m going to call it out.

4 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

To be honest, its a bitter winner, even if TFC win against a top of the table team and Oso does his job, scores his penalty Anthony isnt happy.  After awhile if you continually shit on someone regardless of how they play and the result nobody takes you seriously.  

That and the fact that he only ever comments on one particular player rather than critiquing the entire team.

I was happy to see us win on penalties for a change.  I think we're actually getting close to 50% now all time.  I would have preferred to save it for a tournament more of us are deeply invested in, however.

9 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

To be honest, its a bitter winner, even if TFC win against a top of the table team and Oso does his job, scores his penalty Anthony isnt happy.  After awhile if you continually shit on someone regardless of how they play and the result nobody takes you seriously.  

Ok, but he didn’t even play good. He converts his 1st penalty in a low pressure situation and it only took him 6 attempts. Why celebrate that? Sean Johnson deserves all the praise for keeping TFC in the game and coming clutch for them in penalties. Quite honestly, Johnson should have been the captain instead of invisible Oso. The guy is a legit leader and can command a room. Captain & MLS Cup MVP for NYC FC back in 2021. Like it’s actually ludicrous. 🤣

Edited by anthony7

Exactly....your proving my point.  Your reaction wasnt to praise Johnson or mention anyone else from TFC, it was first to point out that even though he scored last night Oso had missed penalties in the past, trying to spin a positive into a negative.  If that doesnt show your bias I dont know what does.

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

Exactly....your proving my point.  Your reaction wasnt to praise Johnson or mention anyone else from TFC, it was first to point out that even though he scored last night Oso had missed penalties in the past, trying to spin a positive into a negative.  If that doesnt show your bias I dont know what does.

Your stupid. Everyone brought up that Oso, the choker finally converted his 1st penalty for TFC in over a decade. I used sarcasm to show that shouldn’t be the main takeaway. Now I bring up the true story and you can’t accept it. I have no bias, idiot. I was shutting down the false narrative which was clouding the true one.

Edited by anthony7

HEHE, false narrative....did he score or not??  What cant I accept?  That you shit on him if he scores a penalty and if he misses.  Everyone to you means to one guy saying it should be a big story, touched a bit of a nerve eh?   

And I would just like to add, I am rubber you are glue, what you say bounces of me and sticks to you.