Toronto FC - 2024 Season Thread

Big_M

It is crazy looking back at the hype of Jozy, Bradley and Giovinco and that incredible season to where it is now. From standing room only to this. 

With Manning at the helm I just don’t have much faith. They still have contracts that have no business being on the roster.

One buyout available. I guess I’ll be interested in seeing how Herdman tackles all this. But interesting in a watching a burning dumpster fire kind of way. 

7 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

Toronto FC star Lorenzo Insigne fires big-name agency after six months to sign with new European agents – Waking The Red

Sounds like my neighbour changing his real estate agents in an attempt to get his asking price for his overpriced property. 

Considering his salary and his performance during his time at TFC he should be thanking his agents, not firing them.

56 minutes ago, narduch said:

I still think  he plays one more season and then just rips up his contract and goes back to Italy and plays for a mid tier Serie A team.

Banking 2.5 years at TFC is still way more then he ever would have made anywhere else for the rest of his career

A better outcome would be that TFC can unload him to some Saudi team on one of their ludicrous contracts and thereby get him off the books.

22 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

Toronto FC star Lorenzo Insigne fires big-name agency after six months to sign with new European agents – Waking The Red

Sounds like my neighbour changing his real estate agents in an attempt to get his asking price for his overpriced property. 

For a second I read that headline as his new European agents were Waking The Red and that they had just gotten into the European agent game....and was like, good on them!

On 11/6/2023 at 10:43 AM, Kingston said:

Yeah.  Although Akinola is one of the rare cases where I don't fault TFC management.  When they signed him to a real contract I was actually quite happy about it.  At the time, he looked like a prospect who had actually panned out and I was glad they weren't just going to lose him on a free transfer when his baby contract expired.  I was also quite happy when the national team capped him instead of having him to go the US.  Unfortunately, his actual performance has fallen well short of what it looked like it would be.

My feelings exactly... Honestly haven't lost faith in him... Giving him one more season to rebound from that terrible ACL injury suffered some time back. Never easy to recover from.  If not then it's sadly time to let him go. 

2 hours ago, Behrou said:

We need goalscorer number 9 

How about Thomas Muller 

I can almost guarantee you that if a Thomas Muller was signed and came here and took it seriously he  would turn out to be one of the best TFC signings when his TFC career was over . I’ve always loved the way he plays the game .