CF Montreal - 2024 Season Thread

Big_M

21 hours ago, narduch said:

Apparently Montreal have hit a new record for season ticket holders.

Messi effect in action 

Yup already at 12000 seasons the most they have ever had , if you think about it buying seasons tickets will probably cost as much as what a single ticket to that Miami game might go for . If your Montreal yes you might move this game to Olympic stadium if the renovations are done by then, however, you don’t announce the move until closer to the game , you want people to keep buying those seasons tickets lol. However, it’s Messi so even a move to the Big O will sell out in no time I would imagine .

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, MauditYvon said:

I don’t really follow the team anymore but good signing, and he is known for his work with academy players. Good thing for NT also. 

And I assume he will know all about Saputo from Nancy. 😀

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Chad_Impact said:

Out of nowhere, it looks like the team is about to sell 100% of season memberships. 

People are saying it's the Messi effect but surely not considering it's one game he'll be playing here?

Well, good for FCM if this is true. Now the team needs to have a strong season.

The Messi effect isn't just about him playing in Montreal.

The casual sports fan suddenly thinks MLS overall quality is higher and its importance is elevated. They can't easily dismiss MLS when someone of a elite status is playing in the league. 

On 1/17/2024 at 10:29 AM, Chad_Impact said:

Out of nowhere, it looks like the team is about to sell 100% of season memberships. 

People are saying it's the Messi effect but surely not considering it's one game he'll be playing here?

I think it is

10 hours ago, jordan said:

Linked to Dominik Yankov from Ludogorets. Former Canada youth, current Bulgaria international 

https://x.com/shumanskoo/status/1748334041932157232?s=46&t=KtwBDROwUH8sPUlYu2GlIA 

There is only 1 thing I dislike more than when a Canadian MLS team signs a Hondurian... When a teams signs someone who is a Canadian defector.