CF Montreal - 2024 Season Thread

Big_M

One thing I’ve been impressed  with about Montreal this season is their consistent good attendance. I’m actually surprised that after how this club has been run in terms of player turnovers and coaching turnovers that fans have consistently filled Saputo stadium to near sellouts game in game out . I mean after that Nancy coached team that was on the verge of greatness was dismantled with Nancy being let go and several good players also leaving I would have thought attendance would have taken a hit but it doesn’t seem to. Moreover, since that Nancy led team Montreal has been pretty bad but yet the fans keep showing up. Good on the Montreal fans for continuing to support , moreover , I’ll still say that watching a game on TV from Saputo looks great on TV , a nice enclosed stadium , may not have all the amenities but it looks like a proper soccer ground .

The Impact always did a lot better than the Lynx that way in the decade or so preceding MLS entry. Think there's less of a mentality that there needs to be something "world class" or at least Insigne and Bernadeschi class on offer before a lot of people will show up and maybe losing the Expos means that people realize what not showing up could ultimately lead to so there's a use it or lose it thing going on.

1 hour ago, BearcatSA said:

All against poor teams, granted.  This most recent opponent is a dumpster fire.

And they have 2 out of the 3 remaining matches on the road with the first against Atlanta who is chasing them for that wildcard spot (a win for Atlanta draws them level with two matches remaining).  The other two are against sides ahead of them.  Charlotte away and NYC at home to close it out.

On the other hand, Toronto has the next two matches at home.  One against Red Bulls who are in the playoffs but chasing home field advantage and the other against Miami who are likely to have clinched the top seed and the Supporters Shield by then so may rest many of their players.

Philadelphia plays Orlando and Columbus away and Cincinnati at home.  That’s a tough schedule.

Atlanta has 2 at home and finishes on the road but with the easiest schedule.  A win over Montreal puts them right in the mix.

10 hours ago, An Observer said:

And they have 2 out of the 3 remaining matches on the road with the first against Atlanta who is chasing them for that wildcard spot (a win for Atlanta draws them level with two matches remaining).  The other two are against sides ahead of them.  Charlotte away and NYC at home to close it out.

On the other hand, Toronto has the next two matches at home.  One against Red Bulls who are in the playoffs but chasing home field advantage and the other against Miami who are likely to have clinched the top seed and the Supporters Shield by then so may rest many of their players.

Philadelphia plays Orlando and Columbus away and Cincinnati at home.  That’s a tough schedule.

Atlanta has 2 at home and finishes on the road but with the easiest schedule.  A win over Montreal puts them right in the mix.

My point is that I am not sure how good they actually are considering the most recent opposition they have faced.

Edited by BearcatSA