CF Montreal - 2024 Season Thread

Big_M

How is Courtois not seeing everyone has figured out his 3-4-3?  How can he not see he doesn't have 3 decent CB's to play this formation?  Every team is just overloading the flanks and outnumbering the 2 wide players, which pulls out the CB's and breaks down the defensive line and formation.  It's just happening over and over with no answer.  I can't stand coaches that cannot adapt to their squad.  This team is so much better than this.  It's mind boggling.

1 hour ago, jonovision said:

Also had a very nice setup in the box that ended up in a Montreal penalty that was saved.

I feel Waterman has taken a step back this year, but could also be due to his sidekicks.  It's unfortunate his CB partners are all so bad, it's hard to gauge any of them, they all look terrible defensively. 

no the u18 category will allow some overage players according to gervais and hes already said theyre saying goodbye to a number of their players with this change

theyve said many times theyre against having a reserve pro team as its too costly for what it brings

1 hour ago, Big_M said:

no the u18 category will allow some overage players according to gervais and hes already said theyre saying goodbye to a number of their players with this change

theyve said many times theyre against having a reserve pro team as its too costly for what it brings

This is really unfortunate. I hope CPL teams take a hard look at any players that they are dropping.

4 hours ago, Kadenge said:

This is really unfortunate. I hope CPL teams take a hard look at any players that they are dropping.

There isn't a single player born after '06 on the reserve team, every current player would be considered an overager on the U18 team next year. I'd assume more will be joining CPL setups