Atletico Ottawa - 2024 Season Thread

Big_M

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/7/2024 at 12:30 PM, Rocket Robin said:

All the audio from the Sun Oct 6/24 CPL game post game press conference between York United FC and Atletico Ottawa. Ollie Bassett and Carlos Gonzalez and Benjamin Mora and Elijah Adekugbe. York the weakest team in the playoffs? http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports24/24york189.htm

I wasn't a fan of the reporter who baited the Atletico coach into his comment about York, and then baited the York coach with the comment.  If you manipulate comments for drama you won't be getting many in the future.

19 hours ago, rkomar said:

I wasn't a fan of the reporter who baited the Atletico coach into his comment about York, and then baited the York coach with the comment.  If you manipulate comments for drama you won't be getting many in the future.

I dunno, sometimes I think the league and the players are all just a bit too familiar with each other; many are former teammates, friends. I had an insider report it was even a bit dull at times to be playing the same teams week after week after week. Maybe we need a bit more drama.

^. For sure.  100%.  Came up on Britball in the 80s so appreciate a hearty amount of bi-polar coverage when it comes to my footie.

Not going to see a lot of that in CPL, too young, no critical mass yet.  Which is too bad.  Yeah it's cheap, yeah it's easy but it can be great fun when you want to go slumming.

If I was interested in MLS you can certainly find more of that flavour out there, but I'm not. 

6 hours ago, Cheeta said:

^. For sure.  100%.  Came up on Britball in the 80s so appreciate a hearty amount of bi-polar coverage when it comes to my footie.

Not going to see a lot of that in CPL, too young, no critical mass yet.  Which is too bad.  Yeah it's cheap, yeah it's easy but it can be great fun when you want to go slumming.

If I was interested in MLS you can certainly find more of that flavour out there, but I'm not. 

MLS you get a huge variety of teams you get to see home and away, players, different shirts, more than any other conventional league in fact. And it is still fairly flavourless and dull. It is even dull when the better teams come to visit, and has been dull even when football legends came to play (Pirlo and David Villa on the same team visiting, and yes, that game was flat as they come).

4 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

MLS you get a huge variety of teams you get to see home and away, players, different shirts, more than any other conventional league in fact. And it is still fairly flavourless and dull. It is even dull when the better teams come to visit, and has been dull even when football legends came to play (Pirlo and David Villa on the same team visiting, and yes, that game was flat as they come).

Lol. I agree.

CPL and MLS are literally both ends of the spectrum of how big a soccer league should be. CPL is too small and MLS too big

Edited by narduch

3 minutes ago, narduch said:

Lol. I agree.

CPL and MLS ate literally both ends of the spectrum of how big a soccer league should be. CPL is too small and MLS too big

CPL at 12 teams would be fine.

Bigger than the CFL, similar to many European leagues, reduce travel, more regional rivalries, that many more nice kits from Macron (we really don't deserve that design quality considering they must sell in the mere hundreds). Another hundred guys playing, so maybe 80 more Canadians making a go as pros.

Too bad MLS does not have the vision and balls to go to two tiers, say 18 each tier. That would be truly spectacular, relegation and promotion battles. 

• 2 weeks later...