Halifax Wanderers - 2024 Season Thread

Big_M

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

On today's episode of The Guardian football podcast, regular panelist Barry Glendenning announced at the end that he'd be at the Halifax Wanderers game after the Euro final (so I'm assuming the July 18th game) and invited any fans of the club to get in touch with him if they wanted to show him some hospitality.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/audio/2024/may/13/premier-league-title-race-goes-to-the-final-day-football-weekly-podcast

Edited by Watchmen

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, masster said:

Has Ryan Telfer been the biggest bust of the CPL major offseason signings?

I expected Sellouf to be a game changer, but he hasn't started the year well.

On 6/1/2024 at 5:41 AM, CanadaFan123 said:

Quite the pickup for HFX. I’d imagine TFC would have been interested as well given they just signed some Sheffield United academy players themselves. 

Send em on loan to valour. Can live wit his parents lol 

Just now, Big_M said:

we now know what was behind morellis retirement at 27...kind of alarming that two hfx players in a year failed doping tests...amla in september 2022 and morelli in august 2023

Soccer Athlete Suspended for the Presence of Clomiphene Metabolites

Former Wanderer and CPL Golden Boot winner João Morelli receives 18-month ban following doping violation

• 2 weeks later...

On the Telfer front the turnaround has been remarkable.  I think a lot of it was the tactics Gheisar was using early on.  Telfer was often out wide right and dropping back, didn’t seem like a natural role for him.