Vancouver FC - 2024 Season Thread

Big_M

Minor piece of news but I heard they are building a pedestrian overpass across 200th street which would lead essentially to the entrance of the stadium. Probably in the next 2 years. I think it shows Langley's commitment to making the LEC and Willoughby an entertainment hub and gathering place for the area. It gives hope to them investing in making parts of the stadium permanent 

Edited by SpursFlu

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, nolando said:

Guess it depends a bit on who's coaching next season.

I think if Ghotbi wants to stay he'll get another year. Unless you're hearing something different. I feel Renan is really slowing down. I think if they could bring in 1 really strong attacking player in the middle of the park they could challenge for the title. It seems we stockpiled a bunch of players who kind of cannabilize each other's strengths 

Edited by SpursFlu

1 hour ago, SpursFlu said:

I think if Ghotbi wants to stay he'll get another year. Unless you're hearing something different. I feel Renan is really slowing down. I think if they could bring in 1 really strong attacking player in the middle of the park they could challenge for the title. It seems we stockpiled a bunch of players who kind of cannabilize each other's strengths 

I think we called it early in preseason. They were stockpiling guys who could play at this level but not many who looked like impact players at this level. Norman being a poster boy for this.

50 minutes ago, masster said:

You think they won the Sellouff for Dyer swap??

Yah.. I think Sellouf is one of the most dynamic players in the league. He might hold the ball a little too long but the way he maneuvers thru defenders unlike most in this league. Dyer is a good player but a little more lunch pail. Very competitive guy

Edited by SpursFlu