Valour FC - 2024 Season Thread

Big_M

Denying the whole story is a bit of a stretch given this is very much in the public domain:

https://canadiansoccerdaily.com/2024/05/18/cs-saint-laurent-attracts-investors-in-bid-for-cpl-franchise-on-back-of-canadian-championship-success/

Almost two weeks since Saint-Laurent hosted MLS giants Toronto FC in the Canadian Championship, those ambitions are reportedly coming to fruition. Josh Healey of The Wanderers’ Notebook reported on Friday that “preliminary expansion talks” between CS Saint-Laurent’s investors and the Canadian Premier League have begun.

Healey adds that “several” investors have linked up with Saint-Laurent to explore the feasibility of landing an expansion club following the team’s breathtaking cup run, first fighting until the end to beat the Halifax Wanderers and then contending with TFC for an entire half...

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

was wondering if we were ever gonna get an update on polisi...looks like it was an abdomen injury at the end of last season and hes close to being back...guessing he gets a few minutes towards the end of the season if they get eliminated

Valour are healthy at the moment as well, and should have their entire regular squad available for this important game. An interesting development this week was that midfielder Marcello Polisi — who is yet to play a game this year as he recovers from a long-term injury to his lower abdomen area suffered at the end of last season — may be able to return to the group before the end of the season after all. Phillip Dos Santos told CanPL.ca this week that he would need to be 100 per cent healthy to return to action, due to the nature of his injury and recovery, but they are hopeful of positive progress in that regard.

Ohin played his 77th Valour game moving into 2nd in games played behind Gutierrez (82) and ahead of Baquero (76), Pena (62) and coach Fordyce (58) -- will require a playoff run to catch Guti this season

Viscosi's 4th clean sheet of the season

Antonoglou and Mourdoukoutas named to CanPL TOTW

Valour had only 13 U-21 minutes vs Pacific, will have to average 94 mins in the last 3 games, expect to see more of Binate and Sanchez

With Williams and Polisi missing a large chink of this season (the whole season in Williams' case), do we expect to see them both offered extensions for next season, similar to what happened with Ohin?

I can see us struggling to keep Antonoglu next season too.

And does anyone know where these rumours of Valour moving to Quebec have come from?

2 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

With Williams and Polisi missing a large chink of this season (the whole season in Williams' case), do we expect to see them both offered extensions for next season, similar to what happened with Ohin?

Williams signed a contract extension through the end of 2025.  According to transfermarkt Ohin, Binate and Hundal are also in contracts to end of 2025.

But 2024 is not over yet!

Edited by K Edgar

1 hour ago, K Edgar said:

Williams signed a contract extension through the end of 2025.  According to transfermarkt Ohin, Binate and Hundal are also in contracts to end of 2025.

But 2024 is not over yet!

I know it's not over yet. But, from a scouting position, I always have one eye on the following season.

6 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I can see us struggling to keep Antonoglu next season too.

And does anyone know where these rumours of Valour moving to Quebec have come from?

As mentioned above, it seems Williams is already on board for another season.

Valour has been more than loyal to Ohin through his injury struggles. He is the only link to the year 1 squad and this is a credit to Valour management. I think they have erred in too easily disposing of other players, including some fan favourites. That said, I don't think Polisi has earned much more than the loyalty that he has already been shown.

Edited by jonovision