Valour FC - 2024 Season Thread

Big_M

1 hour ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Apparently, Baaj Mann is on the bench for todays game?? Former Forge and Toronto FC II keeper. I have seen nothing anywhere about him being signed.

15 minutes ago, Big_M said:

jenkins says kour's international transfer certificate didnt arrive in time so they had to bring maan

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Big_M said:

seemingly a comment from sheppards mother after the 0-7 loss

image.png.564ae26f30e43fa801a85b6b03d1a085.png

Not sure signing a U-Sports player was going to move the needle for Valour.

She implies that he could have done something. I'd suggest no player can do enough to make a difference for Valour at this point.

Edited by Soccerpro2

this is likely the point when a coach hopes he gets relieved of duties as he knows he cant turn it around and would still get paid instead of resigning and not get fully paid

11 hours ago, Big_M said:

this is likely the point when a coach hopes he gets relieved of duties as he knows he cant turn it around and would still get paid instead of resigning and not get fully paid

Sure, so who does Valour replace him with? Remember, the first question that anyone being interviewed should ask is: Will this team still exist in ten months?

The Jets have a similar coaching issue, for what it's worth. Tough to attract talent which means it's tough to replace talent. Maurice had to quit, maybe PDS will too.

12 hours ago, Soccerpro2 said:

Not sure signing a U-Sports player was going to move the needle for Valour.

She implies that he could have done something. I'd suggest no player can do enough to make a difference for Valour at this point.

I don't know.  I growl but I'm just being more noisey than cynical.

If Ohin comes back playing at anything resembling his better self (and we don't know if he will, it's been a long time since he's put any field time in) I think that would be a dynamic improvement.  I'd say the same for Williams return.

It was always going to be an uphill battle and it isn't getting any easier, that's for sure.  I was hoping for 4 points coming back to Winnipeg but, sadly, that may have been a bit optimistic. 

1 hour ago, Mihairokov said:

Sure, so who does Valour replace him with? Remember, the first question that anyone being interviewed should ask is: Will this team still exist in ten months?

The coach from TSS Rovers, the coach of Saint-Laurent.  Both did a far better job in the Canadian Championship than PDS.  As for do they want the Valour job... the unknown future is offset by the chance in the pros.  I think they would take that chance.

35 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Does anyone know how long Baj Maan has actually signed for? I can't see us sticking with 4 keepers, especially if Viscosi is only out for a few weeks.

I'm guessing for that game only

1 hour ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Does anyone know how long Baj Maan has actually signed for? I can't see us sticking with 4 keepers, especially if Viscosi is only out for a few weeks.

It was stated during the broadcast of the game that Kaur could not get "FIFA international clearance" in time.  Sure this was just a 1 game signing.  Maan will be back with his L1O team and will not have seen Winnipeg during his time with the Valour.

Five years ago today actually.  In the heady days before the pandemic.  During that honeymoon you have in every relationship when it's not yet weighed down by a disappointing history of losing season after losing season and the way in which you got there.  When your biggest pet peeves where trivial things like the $11 tall-boys and the way club management was more concerned about flares burning their worn out carpet than doing the right things to put more bums in seats. 

People say The Pandemic claimed many a loving relationship.  Others still are trying to find their way back to that happier place where they were before they had ever hear of Covid, lock downs or Masta Kacher.

How times have changed.

image.thumb.jpeg.64b2698091cb2e9481e4f5c11e6f1443.jpeg

On 5/16/2024 at 7:04 AM, Cheeta said:

Five years ago today actually.  In the heady days before the pandemic.  During that honeymoon you have in every relationship when it's not yet weighed down by a disappointing history of losing season after losing season and the way in which you got there.  When your biggest pet peeves where trivial things like the $11 tall-boys and the way club management was more concerned about flares burning their worn out carpet than doing the right things to put more bums in seats. 

People say The Pandemic claimed many a loving relationship.  Others still are trying to find their way back to that happier place where they were before they had ever hear of Covid, lock downs or Masta Kacher.

How times have changed.

image.thumb.jpeg.64b2698091cb2e9481e4f5c11e6f1443.jpeg

Little wee Elf has entered the chat