CNL: Jamaica vs Canada - Saturday, November 18th - 10:30am EST / 7:30am Pacific - Kingston, Jamaica

3 minutes ago, prairiecanuck said:

Laryea at rightback over Johnston is interesting, or is Buchanan playing rightback?

If it is a straight 4-4-2 to make sure we have coverage in the back, I suspect Richie is RB and Tajon is on the wing.   

1 minute ago, Alex said:

My guess:

laryea- Vitoria- Miller - adekugbe 

Buchanan - kone - eustaquio - Davies 

david- Larin 

Yeah, that is what it looks like to me - with David potentially dropping between an out and out striker and an high attacking central mid. 

EDIT: unless Adekugbe and Davies are almost interchangeable on the left side in which case Davies could play some time at LB.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

Fire with fire I guess 

Our attackers are going to find form or die trying.

Some pace and bodies on the wings.

Light in midfielder but that is not where they are scariest. 

But Cornelius really needs to be in instead of either of the centre backs. In my opinion. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

9 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

Why start Vitoria?

7 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

not sure about starting Vitoria 

He has been solid for us. We looked more cohesive during that 2nd half against Japan when he played.

----

9 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

major changes Biello was talking about?

7 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

benching Johnston 

Johnston on the bench is a major change and feels a little disturbing. He has been so consistently good for us.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

Interestingly, if both Davies and Tajon are on the wings, they both have extensive experience in the outside back roles.   They could be expected to come back and support the defence a lot - even with 4 dedicated defenders.  If so, we would be essentially setting up to chase the draw (with some efforts on the counter) to set up a home win.  

2 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

He has been solid for us. We looked more cohesive during that 2nd half against Japan when he played.

----

Johnston on the bench is a major change and feels a little disturbing. He has been so consistently good for us.

Re: Johnston it could be less about benching him and more about starting Laryea. An away game on a bad pitch, he could go out there and just be really annoying for Jamaica.

40 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

Hey @spitfire, Someone on here mentioned that Stacks is injured after MAK stepped on him. Sounds like a bad joke, but it's created some confusion. Do you know if this is true? 

It was a frigging joke after Kaye's red card the other day, take a breather guys.

Give Staq credit though, he can recover from a fake injury faster than most.

I have no idea why anyone would think I had an inside scoop from 7800 km away.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

I don't mind Laryea for Johnston here. I trust Laryea's pace a little more and keeping Johnston fresh for Toronto is a plus.

Unpopular opinion perhaps but I don't mind Vitoria here. We need the arial ability. 

Miller next to him though concerns me a bit. Biello must think the familiarity trumps the lack of game time. His call but Cornelius would have been more comforting for me.