CNL: Jamaica vs Canada - Saturday, November 18th - 10:30am EST / 7:30am Pacific - Kingston, Jamaica

I like our ideas and found it was less get phonzie the ball, we were less reliant on the wings as well. Think Buch really struggled and would have taken him off sooner but in a better game he likely would have seen more touches.

Keep Mauro on the staff, make him coach the B team, the U-23 or u-17c but definitely hire a better coach. 

I would have loved 3-1 and a solid cushion going back to Toronto but before kick off I would have take a draw so definitely happy with the win- even if it required some luck.   But if you factor in the ref-gifted goal to them it was pretty balanced when you consider 90 minutes.  

We will get it done at home.  The boys will be fired up, in comfortable and familiar surroundings, and will have had a few more days to build the chemistry back up.   They are likely still without two danger-guys and didn’t show much other than hoofing a few long balls over the top.   

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

I would have loved 3-1 and a solid cushion going back to Toronto but before kick off I would have take a draw so definitely happy with the win- even if it required some luck.   But if you factor in the ref-gifted goal to them it was pretty balanced when you consider 90 minutes.  

We will get it done at home.  The boys will be fired up, in comfortable and familiar surroundings, and will have had a few more days to build the chemistry back up.   They are likely still without two danger-guys and didn’t show much other than hoofing a few long balls over the top.   

They haven't shown me an organised passing game really at all.  They have players that can do it, Bailey is not just a long baller target at Villa, obviously.  

Down to coaching for me.

Definitely some below par performances on our side early on especially Kone and Laryea early on but they grew into the game.

Osorio and Hoilett were nice sparks off the bench. 

Overall a decent performance and great result. Let’s bring a great Tuesday for another.

Well done to Biello. Thought he managed the game very well. 

Edited by CanadaFan123

2 minutes ago, anthony7 said:

Sorry, but what game were you watching? On another day, Jamaica wins this 3-1. Vitoria and Borjan will be huge liabilities on Tuesday.

For pace on a better turf you ay be right, but after a shaky start, Vitoria did drop off a bit and had better position against the long ball. Do you put Cornelius in?

Just now, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

They haven't shown me an organised passing game really at all.  They have players that can do it, Bailey is not just a long baller target at Villa, obviously.  

Down to coaching for me.

Just now, CanadaFan123 said:

Definitely some below par performances on our reschedule early on especially Kone and Laryea early on but they grew into the game.

Osorio and Hoilett were nice sparks off the bench. 

Overall a decent performance and great result. Let’s bring a great Tuesday for another.

Well done to Biello. Thought he managed the game very well. 

Agreed although the last two subs could have come in five or ten minutes earlier.

3 minutes ago, anthony7 said:

Jamaica could have scored 3 today. What game were you watching?

All brain fart break downs by us earlier in the game and then a switch off on their goal.  Once we got into the game with some passing rhythm, we were generating chances.  Too bad our dead ball service sucked.  

7 minutes ago, anthony7 said:

Sorry, but what game were you watching? On another day, Jamaica wins this 3-1. Vitoria and Borjan will be huge liabilities on Tuesday.

On another day...Bailey scores his chances so do Tajon and David and their goal is knocked off correctly.  We win 3-4.

Fun game.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

So freakin glad and relieved we went to the back 4 today.  Miller was great, Vitoria really scary at times.  

Davies still trying to do too much for Canada.  Gawd let someone else take the dead balls.  I'd love to see him pushed back to LB and have Millar at winger. 

Tajon is not his best in these conditions, he's a sports car with slicks at an off road rally.

Borjan needs to keep the guys - and himself - awake at dead ball moments.

David and Larin combo worked, but still not a fan, I'd prefer to have the extra midfielder in a 4-5-1.

Please stick with the back 4 in TO, but please drop Vitoria for someone with legs.

Aliens have taken Osorio's brain and legs - this is not him.  I miss him and hope he is well wherever he is.

Biello needed this for his own confidence, hopefully we see him flourish and trust new guys instead of repeating Herdman's moves.

The ref had bad moments.

The field made this really difficult for both teams.  I expect a very different match on Tuesday.  

Edited by costarg