Match Thread: October 21, 2023 - Playoffs - Second Semifinal (1v4) - Cavalry v Pacific

narduch

But really, Pacific has no play, they make poor decisions all over the field, and then some absolutely awful passing too.

To be fair, Cavalry has had far more chances and the scoreline really favours Pacific.

It's just that Cavalry looks like they are not too interested in defending, and seem to want to gift Pacific a comeback narrative after those goalline clearances.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

It's a deserved final. I am not anti-Forge but just would like the pie to get shared around and hope Cavalry can do it. I also think it would be good for their fans, who haven't won a playoff trophy yet.

Pacific has so many pieces but that team lost its way a few months ago and Merriman has not seen clearly how to redress things.

Just now, Unnamed Trialist said:

Pacific has so many pieces but that team lost its way a few months ago and Merriman has not seen clearly how to redress things.

I mentioned awhile back that they did not look like the sum of their parts.  I really don't think the two recent one-off playoff wins did enough to keep this coaching staff in place for 2024.