Match Thread: October 14, 2023 - Playoffs - Quarterfinal (3v4) - HFX Wanderers v Pacific

narduch

1 hour ago, jonovision said:

Unlike those comments crossed a certain line we can all imagine, Dada-Luke's response was childish and unncessary. Point to the scoreboard and walk off. If he was indeed assigned a red it is well-earned.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Was he red-carded?

According to the CPL's official stats on the match, Dada-Luke received a yellow card in the 80th minute and nothing afterwards.

Only Henry and Toussaint were cautioned for the melee.

1 hour ago, RS said:

According to the CPL's official stats on the match, Dada-Luke received a yellow card in the 80th minute and nothing afterwards.

Only Henry and Toussaint were cautioned for the melee.

I stand corrected on this, as even the CPL's official match stats got this one wrong.

H/T to @grasshopper1917 for pointing out that Dada-Luke did indeed receive a red card, according to the CSA's disciplinary page.

Poor look by the CPL for not even getting their info correct.

While I absolutely agree that PFC is weaker for next Saturday without KDL, and for stupid sh** that was completely avoidable, it has nothing to do with whether KDL (or Gazdov) is good enough or not. That kind of behaviour crosses a line and is not defensible even if you are Messi. 

That said, I also agree with you that KDL is truly not good enough and I am sick and tired of all the love he gets on the broadcasts. Equating “never stops running” and “fastest player in the league” with being a great footballer is everything that’s wrong with soccer in Canada. His positioning, awareness and decision-making is really quite poor and his first touch is middling at best. He is an elite athlete who compensates for his lack of footballing IQ with his physical gifts, like so many kids growing up across the country who are praised and selected for rep teams solely because they are bigger and faster than their peers.

Sadly outside back is a real weakness for us and his loss will be felt Saturday.  Dumb move indeed.

9 minutes ago, shorty said:

While I absolutely agree that PFC is weaker for next Saturday without KDL, and for stupid sh** that was completely avoidable, it has nothing to do with whether KDL (or Gazdov) is good enough or not. That kind of behaviour crosses a line and is not defensible even if you are Messi. 

Agreed!  No one needs to do that stuff.

41 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

Dada Luke and Gazdov:  neither one is good enough to be involved in petty shit grandstanding like this and one just  weakened his team by getting suspended for it.  Way to go, hero!

Are you really ragging on Gazdov for saluting the crowd? I'm not what you mean by good enough to be involved, either. They're probably the players that heard it most from the crowd