Friendly: Japan vs Canada - Friday, October 13th - 6:35am Eastern / 3:35am Pacific - Niigata, Japan

1 minute ago, Obinna said:

Certainly disagree with that. Maybe you are just annoyed with him?

He's terrible, terribly ineffective, on the wrong side of the ball almost always, sloppy passing. Does not get wide when needed, defends lazily. What has he done today? 

And he has a shitty attitude on the field. 

I'm a Caps fan, you'd think I'd cut him some slack. Been the same story at Caps, a guy who is bluffing on the field instead of playing.

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Miller and Laryea are very flat-footed players. Their controls die in front of them, the ball is killed and it does not even go onto an active foot. Then they stand and look around, like in frisbee football. I find it irritating af.

For me, Laryea has been our worst player. Kone was very poor when on. Borjan has serious limitations, especially in distrribution, and lacks real leadership on the field, sad but true. I've like Davies because he is committed in both directions.

Overall, the off the ball movement in the middle has been poor, so we are passing constantly into players already closed down who cannot turn. The feeling from almost every player is that there is no 360 radius, they have one foot, the ball goes there or else. 

Good observations.  I think the entire Nottingham Forest / TFC nightmare has done a number on Laryea.  Miller’s form has dipped a lot in the past year as well - I think we can now conclude that he was playing way above his head at times last year, rather than being a player on an upward trajectory to Europe.  Vitoria has been a servant but no more please.  Kone - what happened to this guy in the past 4 months?

4 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Man they have marked Davies out of the game. Credit to them. 

Davies marked himself off the game ditto this , a southamerican coach would play him in center midfield and on the right midfield,  so he can either shoot or run.   He's been pretty ordinary today almost an amateur, lads 

On the Japanese they got some good results and as they are as a nation they wanna win the whole damn thing in 2026,  if that happens I will never watch football again.  Japan winning the world cup of football is a freaking oxímoron 

Just now, Unnamed Trialist said:

He's terrible, terribly ineffective, on the wrong side of the ball almost always, sloppy passing. Does not get wide when needed, defends lazily. What has he done today? 

And he has a shitty attitude on the field. 

I'm a Caps fan, you'd think I'd cut him some slack. Been the same story at Caps, a guy who is bluffing on the field instead of playing.

No I think the opposite actually. Caps fans have been really dissatisfied with Laryea, even though his play has been very decent overall.