Friendly: Japan vs Canada - Friday, October 13th - 6:35am Eastern / 3:35am Pacific - Niigata, Japan

3 minutes ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

Some youngins here won't remember the days when we didn't have name bars on the back of the shirts. 

I know it's not relevant, but in the WC of Rugby, some teams have names, others don't. World Rugby is an amateur organisation, you look at so many details of the competition and they make up rules on the fly, it is very improvised. The only thing that keeps it together is the old boys network of the big 8-9 nations.

Even the reffing is extremely skewed to favour the big nations.

1 minute ago, Obinna said:

We've had good spells in this game. Just need to capitalize. 

Obviously a different game if we take some earlier chances, penalty the glaring one.

Japan has done what they have done well lately. Opportunistic smart defence, break very well and then finish.

We haven't.

Miller and Laryea are very flat-footed players. Their controls die in front of them, the ball is killed and it does not even go onto an active foot. Then they stand and look around, like in frisbee football. I find it irritating af.

For me, Laryea has been our worst player. Kone was very poor when on. Borjan has serious limitations, especially in distrribution, and lacks real leadership on the field, sad but true. I've like Davies because he is committed in both directions.

Overall, the off the ball movement in the middle has been poor, so we are passing constantly into players already closed down who cannot turn. The feeling from almost every player is that there is no 360 radius, they have one foot, the ball goes there or else. 

Edit: Vitoria, whatever you say, is a proper professional CB.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Just now, Unnamed Trialist said:

For me, Laryea has been our worst player. Kone was very poor when on. Borjan has serious limitations, especially in distrribution, and lacks real leadership on the field, sad but true. I've like Davies because he is committed in both directions.

Certainly disagree with that. Maybe you are just annoyed with him?