Friendly: Japan vs Canada - Friday, October 13th - 6:35am Eastern / 3:35am Pacific - Niigata, Japan

We looked like a team that hasn't played together much lately, Japan are obviously a top class opponent and with them playing in front of a large home crowd it was always going to be tough, Japan pressed us hard all over the pitch and we certainly didn't deal with it well making so many errors! Glad to see JH at least got us a consolation goal, not a whole lot of positive to take from this but it is certainly a good learning experience!

2 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Laryea lost out on that occassion. If he's gonna play RCB he can't afford to gamble too much with those. 

What do you have against the guy, some kind of vendetta ;)

Seriously, he's been a mess all game. He gets into a tiff m. 91 because he's fouled, then next play he's stripped easily and hacks his way back in. The whole match has been a Richie shitshow, sorry.

He's our outside right option. Like Davies on the left. Now sure, they are not comparable but I don't think he ever beat his man, no crosses, no endline, no diagonal runs into space to attack, zero going forwards, and mispositioned going back. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Just now, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Well we know where we are at.

Let's get motivated and get better.

This is why I don't feel down whatsoever. We wanted a world class test and we got it. Japan are better than their ranking. This so me isn't much different than going down to South America to play Brazil or going to Europe to play France, Spain, etc.

This is a world class team we played against and the scoreline suggests we are no better than Peru or Turkey, teams like that (I'll omit Germany for obvious reasons) and we already know we are in that ballpark. Good, now let's go back to our region and build on the experience and see how much we can push in Nations League. There is a trophy to compete for let's not forget. Not all about Copa America. 

The Scholes dude and Choinière had been alright since introduced,  the team needs someone from southamerica as a coach,  and if the rumours down here are correct,  then it is a good envisagé by the CSA.  Davies the worst player on the pitch,  lads an own goal, caged his teammates too selfish too amateur,  a different coach will bring him on the right midfield.  

Just now, narduch said:

We need to hire our new manager asap

I agree but I am certainly not putting much blame on Biello for this result, we made too many errors including missing a pk, I didn't have a real problem with player selection or formation, I did have a problem with how we executed, Japan is a very good team obviously!

2 minutes ago, prairiecanuck said:

We need our manager, no doubt.  I can't put this on Biello when you consider travel and a side that was missing Eustaquio and Buchanan.  I was encouraged by Millar in a short spell.  I might have to watch some Preston games. 

Agreed. He just isn't it. And I'd like to have the next guy have as much time as possible to get working 

The other thing I will say is that we got totally outclassed but we didn't get embaressed. If we lost 6-0 like El Salvador it would be another story. We had our chances as well and we did score, like I thought we would. 

None of this is to say we played well or that I am not disappointed. Just looking at silver linings. 

My ratings:

Funny, I started doing this and found myself giving everyone a 5. So they are all fives, Davies gets a 6, Kone and Laryea get 4s. Paton is a 4.  Give Hoillet and Millar 6s for their few minutes. Vitoria a 6 as well. 

As for Brym, don't know if you know that Finnish comedian Ismo, but while many today were silent letters, Brym was a silent number.