Friendly: Japan vs Canada - Friday, October 13th - 6:35am Eastern / 3:35am Pacific - Niigata, Japan

2 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

The start was awful and Johnston was awful on that 3rd but other than that the score line could be much closer. Probably should be 2-1.

That's the shame of it. I think the missed pen followed by the Davies OG just left this team dejected. It hasn't been a good performance by any means, but at times we looked able to compete.  

Johnson, Davies and Cornelius have all had rough halfs. Laryea has been good, Miller has been decent, Piette I thought did a lot of good stuff. Osorio didn't really add anything but never exposed us either. Kone struggling despite being talented. Larin couldn't do a lot and David had some lapses in concentration and big miss on the PK. Tough go but Japan are abosulte class, best I have ever seen this run of their's..

1 minute ago, Club Linesman said:

Making me miss the Sizz.

I remember when he was first hired, I said he would bring in and fix all the little things that will make us successful.  No one believed me (well one old timer did), most said he was just a girl's coach.

We haven't been doing little things right, especially simple things like just making a f'ing penalty kick.  You make free throws, PATs and you make PKs, bad teams don't.  This team started to go bad because of a missed PK (and the irony that that began under the guy who fixed the little things is not lost on me)

Just now, Borjans Sweatpants said:

Sooooo Paton for Piette? Choiniere for Osorio. Johnston to RWB and bring Bombito or De Fougerolles in (though I fear for the kid haha). 

I like all of those and I would go LDF. It's a friendly and we are already down 3-0. We should get him a cap here, but maybe more of a last 5-10 minute cameo than a halftime sub. 

1 minute ago, sose said:

Mauro out!!! lol jj.. it's not on him.  

Piette and Oso can't be in the starting 11 if we are going to the next level to compete outside of CONCACAF.  Who we have that can step up is another question.

The best we can hope for is for them to be servicable, which they have been so far today. Neither has really added much, but neither has really put us in a rough spot. If they can be good stop-gaps this cycle it will be a good thing for us. 

Edited by Obinna

This is a team that has not played matches when we should have while the rest of the world does. This should be our third match in the fall window with one to come. 

Canadian football is regressing massively right now. We are in complete disaray on and off the pitch. 

This disfunction starts at the top. Everything since we were at the WC is sending the game in Canada back to where we were in record time. This isnt about one game. 

Sack the god damn CSA. 

Edited by Joe Keeper

6 minutes ago, Jack1997 said:

Outside of the clearance early (that really wasn’t that bad) Cornelius has been pretty good imo

He definitely settled down which was good to see. I think he has a future for us here. Part of the problem was how disjointed we were at a whole to start the match.

11 minutes ago, gator said:

I don't blame Biello for this, he wasn't making the simple errors on the field, I don't blame One Soccer for the host broadcaster feed being unstable for the first few minutes and Piette has not been near as bad as some think, getting a coffee now!

I went to have a morning smoke afte the 2nd goal and came back and we were down by 3.  I woke up at 4:37 local time to watch this fun!