Friendly: Japan vs Canada - Friday, October 13th - 6:35am Eastern / 3:35am Pacific - Niigata, Japan

18 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Bruh in what world are Bair and Ugbo deserving of call ups.

Bair is a striker who can't score and Ugbo did all his good work in the first three games of the season and has been ass since.

I can justify Ugbo shouts considering he’s in a much better and more competitive league and has shown flashes of scoring ability in his career (too inconsistent).

Ugbo is only a year older than Bair with close to 75 professional goals compared to Bair’s 9 and in much better leagues for that matter as well.  He’s also got more than double the assists Bair has well.  Goals and assists aren’t everything but for strikers it’s more important.  We also aren’t struggling for attackers in our National program (once you include wide players).  Add in that David and Larin are locks and the most hated Brym playing in a top European league.  We’re gonna fill in most of the remaining attackers with wide players.  

Edited by Corazon

@spitfire @Shway I've noticed the back-and-forth, and just want to say both Liam and Theo should be in the squad vs Japan -- not one or the other.

As I've said in the recent past, I think we could have gone with less veterans for this camp. I also don't think @Shway is of the opinion that Liam should have been left out. Hope this helps. We're all on the same side. 

2 hours ago, spitfire said:

I didnt miss the backhanded comment for the record you are always bashing and try to pretend you are not. 

It is very easy to cherry pick stats off transfermarket without looking deeper..

Looking deeper I would've stated where those 2 goals came with Basel came against...but I didn't.

Again i waste my time dealing in facts @Shway ,

He DID start well for Basel this season with 2 goals and 1 assist from wing back in 6 GAMES

Again this is relative when you look at the opponent those goals came against. 

He has NOT been coming OFF the bench lately.He is a starter being rotated because of load management . He started vs 4 of the last 6 games. Started vs Plymouth and Brimingham playing 90 + then came off then bench and played 20 vs Rotherham Then started vs West Broom and then Leicester and then came off the bench at half time vs Ipswich playing 45

My bad, I thought it was the past 2 games. 

All of this proves ur bias.even with your stats he has a had a good start to the season still playing wing back..but  your comments say otherwise

I have no bias to any players, none of them are my kin. I'm just stating that we have a lot of guys playing at comparable levels, getting similar results. This is true. 

For some reason u posted Liams stats twice?? Why?

Complete accident. 

And hes playing wingback because world football is broken and every coach wants to play like pep even if they dont have the players to do it forcing players to play wingback..including Theo, Liam Tajon from Canada...

Got it.

Question, does he ever ask or his agent state what position he wants to play in? Not every team plays a 352, so I'm wondering was it communicated that he would play that position? Or was it a surprise? 

@Shway as always wasting my time. A goal is a goal a stat  is a stat. There no * beside the goal saying scored against lower opponents  he did really well at Basel at the start of the season that’s why he got the move to the championship.. end of   

I’m Done 

Edited by spitfire
Not worth it

Gleaned from posted English translations of JFA press releases...

The 26 members selected are mainly those who took part in the European tour in September, where they won consecutive matches against the national teams of Germany and Turkey, as well as the players Kaoru Mitoma (Brighton & Hove Albion FC) and Takefusa Kubo, who is doing well The names of players such as Real Sociedad, Takehiro Tomiyasu (Arsenal), and Junya Ito (Stade Reims) were in order.

This will be Minamino’s first national team action for a while, and his first participation since last year’s FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022, and he has been active in scoring in Monaco since the start of this season. Nakayama, who was selected for the World Cup squad but was forced to withdraw due to injury, has been playing for the national team since September last year. After returning from injury, he has regained his form and played in the All England Championship.

The goalkeepers include Ayane Suzuki (Sint-Truiden VV), who played in the Paris Olympics, and Mayuya Maekawa (Vissel Kobe), who leads the J1 League. Maekawa will be making his first national team appearance since March 2021, while Suzuki will be aiming to play in his second game since last year’s EAFF E-1 Football Championship. Reo Hatate (Celtic) will also take part in national team activities for the first time since June.

Atsuki Ito (Urawa Reds), who scored his first goal in his first international game against Turkey, and Seiya Makuma (Cerezo Osaka), who made his debut in the national team, were also selected.

On the other hand, Daichi Kamata (SS Lazio) and Ritsu Doan (SC Freiburg) were not called up this time as they were not in perfect condition.

Coach Moriyasu said, looking forward to the competition from November onwards, “Canada and Tunisia are powerful countries that have experience of participating in the World Cup,” he said

Canada has recently had a new coach, so it is not known how they will play, but we know from the games they played before the World Cup last year that they have very capable players. 

https://www.newsdirectory3.com/japan-national-team-announces-squad-for-2023-mizuho-blue-dream-match-and-kirin-challenge-cup/

14 hours ago, nolando said:

Mitoma has pulled out of the Japanese squad for this window.

The JFA cited "illness" as the reason...  ...while it's a shame we won't get to see him play, I think this will greatly help AJ's and Steven Vitoria's sleep schedule.  😉  The man consistently gets defenders into highlight reels for all the wrong reasons.  😀

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

From Tokyo, it’s very convenient by Shinkansen and would disagree with the location; it would be way worse trying to get to most parts of Canada.  Can’t comment about the stadium as I’ve never seen it.

It's not convenient from Tokyo on a Friday night.  Most Shinkansen (bullet trains) run later, but from Niigata, they stop around 9:30 or so, so it's necessary to stay the night after the game.   As for the location, there's no train to the stadium, and it's across the river from the city, almost halfway between two bridges.  As for the stadium itself, it has an enormous running track, with another pointless gap between the track and the stands.

Of course, it would be way worse to get to most parts of Canada, but everything's relative.

Edited by vancanman
for clarity

I'm really interested to see if Biello plays Davies at LB, and if he does - what formation will he deploy. 442, 433, or 4231?

Outside of Liam, and the out of form Hoilett...the squad doesn't have any natural wingers. So based on the personnel called up we should expect to play a 352, but his comments in the interview could indicate otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Shway said:

My ideal lineups based on formation.

352:

Johnston-Corneilius-Miller
Laryea-Staq-Kone-Davies
-----------Osorio---------
-----Larin------David-----

4231: 

Johnston-Corneilius-Miller-Davies
---------Staq------Kone----------
Millar---------David--------Hoilett
--------------Larin----------------

I like the 4231 but with Liam and hoilett switched. 
They have panther together on the left before and Liam pace and defensive responsibilities give Davies more freedom 

With the amount of Centrebacks and Midfielders. i would expect a 442

My guess would be

Johnston - Vitoria - Miller - Davies

Osorio - Kone - Eustaquio - Choniere

Larin - David

Subs - LDF, Cornelius, Laryea, Holliet, Brym and Millar

If it is 5 subs, my guess would be either Laryea or Cornelius miss out. I would be truly surprised if LDF doesn't get into the game, if he is willing too

9 minutes ago, Shway said:

352:

Laryea-Staq-Kone-Davies

4231: 

I have a hard time believing that they start Cornelius over Vitoria. I hope your right @Shway It is time to let the youth have a chance

11 minutes ago, Shway said:

352:

Laryea-Staq-Kone-Davies

4231: 

I think it's time for Cornelius to play in the middle of the back 3. He's doing it for his club and Vitoria won't be around for much longer. Kennedy experiment in the middle had mixed results. I want to see Derek get the rep here against Japan.

19 minutes ago, Shway said:

352:

Laryea-Staq-Kone-Davies

4231: 

Good lineups. Who do you have in net? Crepeau? 

Edit: Also, didn't notice Oso in the first one. I might put Choiniere there instead. Otherwise, 👌.

Edited by DeRo_Is_King