CONCACAF U20 qualifying (for the cycle ending in 2025) + preparation & news

18 hours ago, gigi riva said:

i want to see Canada qualify for this u20 tournament obviously , we all do  more importantly I want to see as many guys on this team  graduate to the next level 

If we can do that but also try to qualify for more future tournaments we keep our Canadian golden generation going into the next generation 

On 6/24/2024 at 2:42 AM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Their coach Also Duscher played with Julian de Guzman at Deportivo de la Coruña. A strong short dm. 

We only made two subs. Seems they had a penalty and our winner was a C (corner?).

7 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Their coach Also Duscher played with Julian de Guzman at Deportivo de la Coruña. A strong short dm. 

We only made two subs. Seems they had a penalty and our winner was a C (corner?).

My sense is that they split the teams and  played two games.  

3 minutes ago, solsous said:

My sense is that they split the teams and  played two games.  

Makes sense but that is not what the game report shows, from the above link (they made 6 subs and we only made 2, unless they missed them):

Cancha: Predio ANFP, Santiago, Chile. Goles: 9’ Fabrizio Baruja (P); 26’ Jesse Costa y 75’ Myles Morgan (C).

Paraguay: Víctor Rojas; Rodrigo Gómez, Javier Velázquez (75’ Christian Martínez), Diego Ramos y Nicolás Caballero (46’ Ivo Parzajuk); Pedro González, Cristofer Maqueda (56’ Rodrigo Villalba), Fabrizio Baruja (75’ Tobías Portillo) y Mateo Godoy (46’ Jorge Marceino); David Fernández (46’ Eduardo Delmás) y Aaron Páez. DT: Aldo Duscher.

Canadá: Ivan Pavela; Theo Rigopoulos, Christian Greco-Taylor (52’ Richard Chukwu), Khadim Kane y Adam Pearlman; Santiago López, Jeevan Badwal, Myles Morgan (90’ James Cameron) y Jesse Costa; Jovan Ivanisevic y Andrei Dumitru. DT: Andrew Olivieri.

13 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Makes sense but that is not what the game report shows, from the above link (they made 6 subs and we only made 2, unless they missed them):

Cancha: Predio ANFP, Santiago, Chile. Goles: 9’ Fabrizio Baruja (P); 26’ Jesse Costa y 75’ Myles Morgan (C).

Paraguay: Víctor Rojas; Rodrigo Gómez, Javier Velázquez (75’ Christian Martínez), Diego Ramos y Nicolás Caballero (46’ Ivo Parzajuk); Pedro González, Cristofer Maqueda (56’ Rodrigo Villalba), Fabrizio Baruja (75’ Tobías Portillo) y Mateo Godoy (46’ Jorge Marceino); David Fernández (46’ Eduardo Delmás) y Aaron Páez. DT: Aldo Duscher.

Canadá: Ivan Pavela; Theo Rigopoulos, Christian Greco-Taylor (52’ Richard Chukwu), Khadim Kane y Adam Pearlman; Santiago López, Jeevan Badwal, Myles Morgan (90’ James Cameron) y Jesse Costa; Jovan Ivanisevic y Andrei Dumitru. DT: Andrew Olivieri.

Agreed.  I believe that the Paraguay game was the more important one, because it was scheduled.  We could be hear of the squad being split up in the coming days/weeks.