CONCACAF U20 qualifying (for the cycle ending in 2025) + preparation & news

18 hours ago, toontownman said:

Crazy depth in our front line. 

It's tough to gauge beating up on two minnows, but the optimist in me sees this as the main reason for Tahid's absence rather than some other explanation (ie. incompetent selection, flirting with other countries, etc.).  Based on the competition in our front five positions, I'm not sure he's head and shoulders above any of the others there.  The only one I might drop for Tahid at this point would be Diallo, but I bet if we'd done that in the first place, everyone would instead be wondering why Diallo wasn't selected.  There are only so many spots and we need to take an opportunity at some point to evaluate an Inter prospect.

I think our depth means that he doesn't just walk on to the team and so long as that has been communicated to him, I'm good.

Game day.  T&T started 7 players vs Dominica that were in their opening game lineup vs SVG. Not sure what that means for today but let's hope our lads are up to the task. More than anything else, we need to progress because we desperately need more games for our youth teams and the opportunity to call up more players at this age group. 

Two players on the T&T u20 team were named to their provisional roster for next month against us. Lindell Sween (attacker for Caledonia) and Rio Cardines (midfielder for Crystal Palace u18s). You would have to think those are two to look out for.

Also of note, their left back has played 90 both matches. 

https://newsday.co.tt/2024/02/27/haynes-young-warriors-have-everything-to-play-for-against-canada/

https://trinidadexpress.com/sports/local/t-t-canada-showdown/article_7037850a-d44a-11ee-bc0d-c76d575abe56.amp.html

Olivieri has rotated the squad about as well as you might expect. I can’t find the article I read last night but their coach was full of praise for our team. 

I'm genuinely nervous about this game.  Not because I think T&T are better than us but I hate going into must-win games when everything else to this point has been a walk.  At this age, we need to be prepared mentally and I'm not sure Olivieri is the man to do that.

And save me all the "If we can't win here, we don't deserve to move on..." platitudes.  Shit happens in 90 minutes, especially when you are playing away.  One bad reffing decision can change the entire game and throw you off mentally. And we never play great as favourites.  Hopefully the kids are mentally right before this game starts and don't take them too lightly.

44 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Can you watch the replay on CONCACAF go?  Gonna miss the live showing tonight so will have to try and find a replay.  

With Fubo you may be able to record a replay.

Too bad the schedule isn't updated though