CONCACAF U20 qualifying (for the cycle ending in 2025) + preparation & news

Just now, Borjans Sweatpants said:

I had to miss this one, what are the major takeaways?

We are much better than Carribean minnows.  

Some talent for sure but as others have said, it is hard to accurately gauge the level until we play strong opposition.  I may throw on the T&T game to try and see how they stack up. 

But overall you can only beat the teams in front of you and it is hard to argue against two dominant wins.  Two clean sheets and some definite bright spots in attack.  I doubt we beat T&T by 5 or 6 but I think we should be okay.   

1 minute ago, gator said:

Once again our favourite commentator is out to lunch questioning why SVG are not subbing the injured keeper, they had used their 5 subs, it is not hard to look up, I don't know where they find these guys!

The ref probably also let everyone know he was going to blow it down as soon as it restarted.  

Again, I am impressed with our physicality and assertiveness in and out of possession. Both teams we have played have turned up hungry and focused and in a mood to dominate and win possession.

It all counts for nothing though if we can't do it one more time and get the result we need against T & T. It's all positive so far though. Pleasantly impressed. 

Keep it going lads.

Job done. Congrats to the boys. So who gets the start in goal vs T&T.  Do they go with #3?  Keep defensive shape and wait for the counter. This squad has quality forwards. No need to force it in the last game. 

1 hour ago, Kadenge said:

Job done. Congrats to the boys. So who gets the start in goal vs T&T.  Do they go with #3?  Keep defensive shape and wait for the counter. This squad has quality forwards. No need to force it in the last game. 

I’d hope we go with the top lineup. Nice to rotate a bit and see what we’ve got with these two games but worth nothing if we don’t finish the job. 

Swiderski in goal, probably same lineup as game 1 but I’d like it if KSB got into the starting lineup, maybe for Diallo if he didn’t look great today again? I just feel like KSB has shown to be a clear difference maker. 

Swiderski, Stefanovic, Greco-Taylor, Schilte-Brown, Cameron, Badwal, Costa, Tavernier, Stewart-Baynes, Lopez, Morgan?

16 minutes ago, Borjans Sweatpants said:

I’d hope we go with the top lineup. Nice to rotate a bit and see what we’ve got with these two games but worth nothing if we don’t finish the job. 

Swiderski in goal, probably same lineup as game 1 but I’d like it if KSB got into the starting lineup, maybe for Diallo if he didn’t look great today again? I just feel like KSB has shown to be a clear difference maker. 

Swiderski, Stefanovic, Greco-Taylor, Schilte-Brown, Cameron, Badwal, Costa, Tavernier, Stewart-Baynes, Lopez, Morgan?

Pearlman was much better than Schilte-Brown personally, but everything else I agree.