CONCACAF U20 qualifying (for the cycle ending in 2025) + preparation & news

The announcers does a lot of South American football on BEIN. He likes to mix in a lot of fun cultural references and keeps it light. I tend to like him. I do find it funny that he seems to think Badwal is latin american because his prounounciation is a little off the wall lol

5 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

I know him from Ligue1 on Bein, I believe.

Normally okay but he tries to go hard on every accent for every player and team.  Even ones he doesn't know.  Funny to me. 

Maybe I am just sick of the James Cameron references about a movie I never have seen, I hear the ship sinks though!

10 minutes ago, Borjans Sweatpants said:

Great half. I love how a lot of these guys that are getting game time have looked (Chukwu, Mathe, Kane). Wonder if they’ll get a shot next game. 

KSB a little underwhelming still. And Costa is disappointing. 

People on this board believed Costa was a cut above because he was playing in Germany. The U.S has had lots of kids in with bundesliga youth academies, they never work out. Germany is not a good country for youths to progress.

2 minutes ago, Treppy2 said:

From your user name, you must have also liked his "Mr. Ed" reference!

I missed that one. But I don't miss the constant ragging on it in school when I was a boy. That, and Topo Gigo's "Eddie, kiss me gooonight".

2 minutes ago, Soccerpro2 said:

People on this board believed Costa was a cut above because he was playing in Germany. The U.S has had lots of kids in with bundesliga youth academies, they never work out. Germany is not a good country for youths to progress.

You have to be kidding? 

2 minutes ago, Ed_S said:

You have to be kidding? 

I'm not kidding. North American kids haven't done well there vs other countries beyond the 2 exceptions at Dortmund.

Edited by Soccerpro2

10 minutes ago, gator said:

Maybe I am just sick of the James Cameron references about a movie I never have seen, I hear the ship sinks though!

Cough cough.. I am also so over the James Cameron movie references

Edited by SpursFlu

3 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

I maybe the only one in this thread loving the announcer.

I like him. He's got a fun style but sometimes does seem to be just amusing himself. Maybe not for some hardcore types. Also hosts ProBoxTV for those boxing fans out there

Edited by SpursFlu

Just now, Soccerpro2 said:

I'm not kidding. North American kids haven't done well there vs other countries.

Well I'd have to disagree on that. The US national team has had significant German duals (American servicemen dads and German mothers), including the forgotten Michael Mason, who had some controversy back in the day . Might have changed in the last 10 years. However, NA kids aside, their youth systems produce German national team players consistently. 

8 minutes ago, Soccerpro2 said:

I'm not kidding. North American kids haven't done well there vs other countries beyond the 2 exceptions at Dortmund.

That's an entirely different statement than "Germany is a not a good country for youths to progress".