CONCACAF U20 qualifying (for the cycle ending in 2025) + preparation & news

2 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

Wow way more of a rotation than I expected

Greco-Taylor had 2 yellows so had to sit, but yes, if we can get the result we need, and also save some legs and yellow card risks for the all important q-final, that would be the ideal scenario. Biello, Bunbury, Pearlman and Morgan are all on yellows. I guess if we are losing in the 2nd half, some of them could come on as subs.

1 minute ago, Tyson M said:

To be expected. We've already advanced. I wish they'd give Lopez a rest, but otherwise I'm excited to see Chukwu!

Finishing first in the group is huge though, we just need to win the quarter final match up to qualify for the WC. If we finish first opponents in the quarters are either Cuba, Jamaica, Guatemala, or Haiti. If we finish second it would likely be Panama (would be Mexico if Panama beat them).

3 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Finishing first in the group is huge though, we just need to win the quarter final match up to qualify for the WC. If we finish first opponents in the quarters are either Cuba, Jamaica, Guatemala, or Haiti. If we finish second it would likely be Panama (would be Mexico if Panama beat them).

Cuba beating Jamaica 3-0 in the 90th minite 

25 minutes ago, 74 Whitecap said:

Greco-Taylor had 2 yellows so had to sit, but yes, if we can get the result we need, and also save some legs and yellow card risks for the all important q-final, that would be the ideal scenario. Biello, Bunbury, Pearlman and Morgan are all on yellows. I guess if we are losing in the 2nd half, some of them could come on as subs.

I think we'll be fine with the substitutions. A lot of the guys that have come into the lineup have been good for our youth teams before. Missing Biello could be tough though, and I haven't seen Mathe before so hopefully he's up for it.

5 minutes ago, narduch said:

Cuba beating Jamaica 3-0 in the 90th minite 

Oh geez totally forgot that they were playing already. I wonder what the deal is with this Jamaica team? Even without dual nats this seems like a terrible performance.

2 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Oh geez totally forgot that they were playing already. I wonder what the deal is with this Jamaica team? Even without dual nats this seems like a terrible performance.

It was poor. They missed an easy open header at 90' for a guaranteed goal. Summarizes their tournament.

2 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

I'd appreciate any analysis as I can't seem to watch without subscribing to something I already pay for

The stream is available on the OneSoccer web app, but not on the Roku app for me.