CONCACAF U20 qualifying (for the cycle ending in 2025) + preparation & news

27 minutes ago, Protega said:

David wasn't missed, but people forget that the 2000 age group was the last one where a camp was held that included non-MLS academy players (it was an event with the three MLS academies and one team made up of non-MLS academy players).  It was also the last age group where a player could get onto the youth national teams without being part of an MLS academy or playing outside of Canada.  Were it not for that camp and getting into the national U15 and then U17 teams, I'm pretty sure no one in Europe would have seen him and I would probably watch him play tonight in the Men's Premier division here in Ottawa.

From what I recall, I think the non-MLS squad won all three of their games and I always thought that was probably the reason they never put one of those on again.

Sadly, I wouldn't say we developed (or identified) anyone close to David's or Davies' levels since the 2000 age group and do wonder if things might have been different if they had expanded scouting, rather than restricting it further.  If we're being honest with ourselves, other than Lopez (developed outside of Canada), the current U20 squad's technical level is quite low.

2000 age level and I’ve mentioned this before had an abundance of talent in Ottawa. The two top teams were as good if not better than any MLS academy squad. One or two of David’s teammates did play on the youth national/provincial squad ( Benson played in Latvia after I believe ). The OSU 2000 squad is quite frankly a tragedy how they buggered up those boys. But that club is designed to make money, not develop players for the next level. Happens every year. A few of the 2001’s did make it to TFC academy but those kids weren’t the best ones at the age level. MDB is an 02 qnd was like David. Good player, good tools… incredible work ethic. 

49 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

I'm not sure I understand. The current U20 squad has players that aren't part of MLS academies and playing within Canada. 

True, but I would consider the CPL players the same as the MLS academy players.

14 minutes ago, narduch said:

I guess they moved the times around so the 4 matches wouldn't overlap.

I still think it's a bit silly that these matches don't overlap and are played at separate times within groups, but know this is commonplace outside of senior level when only using one stadium/group.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, archer21 said:

Would it work in the US? I’ll be at work and on the work wifi which has a USA IP because it’s an American company.

26 minutes ago, frattinator said:

I think in the us the rights are held by fox sports so I would assume it would be blocked.

Exactly.If it doesn't work in Canada, it won't work in the USA.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

38 minutes ago, archer21 said:

Would it work in the US? I’ll be at work and on the work wifi which has a USA IP because it’s an American company.

It will be on Fox Soccer Plus.

54 minutes ago, archer21 said:

I am always in the same situation. Fox Sports is usually the best. The main page foxsports.com has a link for one hour free trial. Then i open it in chrome and when it expires, you just need to close the page and clear the cache and re open it for another hour.

Worked great for Copa and Euros. But i am not sure if they also have streams for the u20's online.

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

I may try it through my iptv which (I think) may have built in VPN.  

You shouldn't need a VPN but it is always recommended. You just need to find

Fox Sports 2 under a USA Sports Category or OneSoccer under a Canada Sports Category.

VPN if you want to watch the youtube stream of it

3 hours ago, blueseeka said:

I am always in the same situation. Fox Sports is usually the best. The main page foxsports.com has a link for one hour free trial. Then i open it in chrome and when it expires, you just need to close the page and clear the cache and re open it for another hour.

Worked great for Copa and Euros. But i am not sure if they also have streams for the u20's online.

That's amazing, I didn't know you could do that. Now I know how I'm watching Big Ten Network during football season.

8 minutes ago, archer21 said:

That's amazing, I didn't know you could do that. Now I know how I'm watching Big Ten Network during football season.

No idea if they show smaller events like this. But they do for big games

9 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

No idea if they show smaller events like this. But they do for big games

It looks like they show all their channels all the time. They're showing sports talk shows right now, and replays of old games on BTN.