CONCACAF U20 qualifying (for the cycle ending in 2025) + preparation & news

I am not real impressed with our play that half although in fairness DR are much better than I thought, they are putting lots of pressure on the ball and we aren't dealing with it well and losing many 1v1 battles! Each team came close to scoring, it's hard to say how the 2nd half is going to go and Lopez went from some questioning a senior call to being almost invisible!

4 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Geesh KSB needed to attack hard there, they had numbers

Disappointing half from him, almost didn't seem fully fit. We came on as the half went on, and DR couldn't sustain their press. But we looked a bit tired too, hopefully subs don't come too late in 2nd half

Team looks like they entered the match having already assumed the outcome. Poor giveaways and not enough effort. Formation isn't doing them much favour as Concepcion and Boatwright have far too much space wide in the attacking third. KSB looks tired, Biello is not involved enough. Have liked Dumitru when he's not tackling through people

3 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Aren’t DR good at this level ?

Yes they are an improving nation in Concacaf. 

They may even be missing a few players to the Olympics which start tomorrow 

On 7/10/2024 at 7:44 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Now that you mention that, it feels even crazier because the 21 player squad listed here:

https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_at_the_2024_Summer_Olympics_–_Men's_team_squads

actually has 3 guys born in 2005 or later, and so would be eligible for the CONCACAF U-20 tournament.

I guess if you qualify for the Olympics, you  need to bring your best, even if that means fielding a weaker U-20 team.

⬆️

5 minutes ago, narduch said:

Yes they are an improving nation in Concacaf. 

They may even be missing a few players to the Olympics which start tomorrow 

3 guys eligible for the group are at the Olympics.

8 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Aren’t DR good at this level ?

They have more European (largely Spain/Italy) based players than Canada. Play Egypt tomorrow in Olympics after qualifying in last edition of u20.

They outplayed El Salvador but missed penalty and then water logged pitch made any real play almost impossible.

22 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

He's actually looked good when he gets into the middle of the field. So you are right to question that. 

I'm convinced this system/formation is stupid. 

We are playing with an inverted RM.
Just watch where Theo is all the time. 
We play one way on one side and different on the next.