CONCACAF U20 qualifying (for the cycle ending in 2025) + preparation & news

4 hours ago, narduch said:

This tournament is only using 2 stadiums.

Has the US team played on the field which was used for the Honduras game? I just hope that we play on a decent field today. It's really difficult to assess performance when the field conditions are so poor.

1 minute ago, Kadenge said:

Has the US team played on the field which was used for the Honduras game? I just hope that we play on a decent field today. It's really difficult to assess performance when the field conditions are so poor.

They are playing at a different stadium

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024_CONCACAF_U-20_Championship

Edited by narduch

44 minutes ago, narduch said:

Today's game is a must win if we want to finish 1st or 2nd and avoid the USA in the knock outs

I believe that a draw and a win in our last 2 games would almost guarantee a top 2 placement in the group.

A draw tonight and win in game 3 vs El Salvador would leave us with 5 points, DR with max 4, and only one of Honduras or El Salvador could exceed 4 points (El Salvador beats Honduras to go to 6, max of 4 for Honduras, or Honduras beast El Salvador to go to 4, putting El Salvador stuck at 3, or if they draw, El Salvador is stuck at 4).

A win tonight and draw with El Salvador would put DR at max 3, but potentially if El Salvador and Honduras drew and Honduras beat DR, Honduras, El Salvador and us would all be on 5 points and it would come down to tie-breakers (we aren't looking good on discipline tie-breaker so far, but our draw vs. Honduras being high-scoring as opposed to a 1-0 score between DR and El Salvador is good for goals scored tie breaker).

Still, a win tonight would be better than worrying about the permutations...

2 minutes ago, Canuckia said:

He's the guy that said Morgan Was playing in England right?

Not sure but he is lost, I guess we should just be happy the game is available, we will hear about the late Honduran draw all match!