CONCACAF U20 qualifying (for the cycle ending in 2025) + preparation & news

1 hour ago, Soccerpro2 said:

“First team minutes” in the case of almost all of those players is an insignificant amount of game time.

Other countries usually seem to have u20 players getting regular minutes.

MLS historically being a level too high for our young players to break into for regular first team minutes was supposed to mean they could show out in the CPL at younger ages.

Perhaps there’s a misunderstanding. I was suggesting that we have seen growth in our u20 program and compared the list above to the previous u20 team.   

I'm not saying that they are getting significant minutes.  

Also, the cpl is having many players show at younger ages. However some of the other youngsters choose mls 2 over cpl and some take longer than the u20 window to crack a mens line up in cpl.   

7 hours ago, Bigandy said:

Perhaps there’s a misunderstanding. I was suggesting that we have seen growth in our u20 program and compared the list above to the previous u20 team.   

I'm not saying that they are getting significant minutes.  

Also, the cpl is having many players show at younger ages. However some of the other youngsters choose mls 2 over cpl and some take longer than the u20 window to crack a mens line up in cpl.   

Which is why if CPL academies were more in effect or let's say they came more in handy, then you would see a lot more home grown talent playing in the CPL instead of in MLS 2

On 5/31/2024 at 8:36 AM, Buchta said:

https://www.opinion.com.bo/articulo/deportes/adrian-pacheco-wilster-canada/20240503104058944343.html

"It's something special. I grew up in Canada, I have my family there and, the truth is, I always dreamed of being able to represent it. I have always wanted to represent Canada. Obviously I don't rule out representing Bolivia, but I want to focus on Canada's call," he said. the forward, 18 years old and creditor of several qualities on the field.

"It's not to despise Bolivia or anything. It's simply because it's the place where I grew up and it's a source of pride." (google translate)

It's really nice having a dual come out and say what he really feels and not dick around. Wish him all the best and hope to see him in a senior Canada camp soon.

1 hour ago, MtlMario said:

It's really nice having a dual come out and say what he really feels and not dick around. Wish him all the best and hope to see him in a senior Canada camp soon.

I hope so but are there more dual nationals not just at senior level but also at U20 level that are really good that we can go after?

I always enjoy watching our youth teams play but I think their importance gets overhyped. Overall it’s fun to see how our talent stacks up, but historically success at the youth levels isn’t correlated with success at the senior level. Even countries like Mexico and USA, who heavily invest in their youth programs, haven’t realized that same success with their senior teams. 

The reality is only a handful of these talents will have a material careers with the full national team. The majority of our national teamers develop beyond our youth teams. If we had massive revenue streams, sure, prioritize our youth programs, but I don’t think it’s the prerequisite for success many believe it is.

2 hours ago, FC_Hali said:

I always enjoy watching our youth teams play but I think their importance gets overhyped. Overall it’s fun to see how our talent stacks up, but historically success at the youth levels isn’t correlated with success at the senior level. Even countries like Mexico and USA, who heavily invest in their youth programs, haven’t realized that same success with their senior teams. 

The reality is only a handful of these talents will have a material careers with the full national team. The majority of our national teamers develop beyond our youth teams. If we had massive revenue streams, sure, prioritize our youth programs, but I don’t think it’s the prerequisite for success many believe it is.

I agree with you regarding the non correlation but for us in particular it’s a good opportunity to get players involved in our pool and to also grab some headlines and grow the game here. 

I think the most important part of an active youth program is that mentioned above.  Getting dual nationals involved in our program at a much younger rate likely translates to greater success of those dual nationals remaining with Canada long term.  Many youth players fizzle out but we really can't afford losing out on the ones that do turn out to be good professional players like we've seen time and time again.  Even if youth results don't translate to senior team success, the more major tournaments our youth participate in, the more eyes are on them, the greater the chances for advancement in club careers.

10 hours ago, FC_Hali said:

I definitely agree and honestly that's why having a World Cup in our backyard in the next 2 years helps out with all of that

Good thread on where England’s U20 squad that won the World Cup in 2017 is now:

TLDR, none of these guys play for England’s senior team, though Solanke might get called at some point. Tomori and Adama Lookman also in this list. Most of these guys are either lower tier premier league players or championship. Comparatively speaking, we’ve done an okay job at graduating youth players into the NT. 

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

Good thread on where England’s U20 squad that won the World Cup in 2017 is now:

TLDR, none of these guys play for England’s senior team, though Solanke might get called at some point. Tomori and Adama Lookman also in this list. Most of these guys are either lower tier premier league players or championship. Comparatively speaking, we’ve done an okay job at graduating youth players into the NT. 

I guess neither of them saw the field during that final but at least Konsa and Dean Henderson are on the England squad for Euros

On 6/11/2024 at 9:28 AM, Corazon said:

I think the most important part of an active youth program is that mentioned above.  Getting dual nationals involved in our program at a much younger rate likely translates to greater success of those dual nationals remaining with Canada long term.  Many youth players fizzle out but we really can't afford losing out on the ones that do turn out to be good professional players like we've seen time and time again.  Even if youth results don't translate to senior team success, the more major tournaments our youth participate in, the more eyes are on them, the greater the chances for advancement in club careers.

I definitely agree...we need to start recruiting them at younger ages 

Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2024 at 5:28 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

There will be a broadcast on Chilevisión/Pluto TV says the release.

For Wednesday's match, has the CSA announced any broadcast info for this?

The Chilevisión stream should be here:

https://www.chilevision.cl/senal-online

It looks like a Chilean I.P. is required. I'm not sure what else (registration? payment?).

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

19 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

For Wednesday's match, has the CSA announced any broadcast info for this?

It looks like a Chilean I.P. is required. I'm not sure what else (registration? payment?).

Have not seen anything either, there hasn’t been much info released from our federation. Reminder to all that the U20’s play Chile tomorrow at 7:30 pm EST. 

Any update from the CSA or OneSoccer about a stream?

On 6/17/2024 at 6:11 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Has anybody with a VPN set to Chile tested the stream?

---

Lineup predictions for tonight?

---

The Chile squad is here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C8XBYongSBX/

35 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Any update from the CSA or OneSoccer about a stream?

Has anybody with a VPN set to Chile tested the stream?

---

Lineup predictions for tonight?

---

The Chile squad is here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C8XBYongSBX/

After pop up Hades and a minute and a half of adverts, it appears to work for me.

Local news? at the moment.

1 hour ago, Borjans Sweatpants said:

Tried to see if the site worked with any of the free VPNs my VPN thing provides but no luck. Hope to find it somewhere else

I get it to work but its not showing the game at that link at least

Edit: Probably because its on in 2 hours

Also on their youtube -  I would assume also geo-locked

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford