CONCACAF U20 qualifying (for the cycle ending in 2025) + preparation & news

• 4 weeks later...

Via the Swiderski news, Bordeaux is saying Canada u20 will play 3 matches in Chile.

Wednesday June 19, 2024 (Friendly Tournament in Chile)
Chile - Canada

Friday June 21, 2024 (Friendly Tournament in Chile)
Canada - Ecuador

Sunday June 23, 2024 (Friendly Tournament in Chile)
Canada - Peru

https://www.girondins.com/fr/news/38879/un-ete-canadien-pour-gregoire-swiderski

41 minutes ago, red card said:

Via the Swiderski news, Bordeaux is saying Canada u20 will play 3 matches in Chile.

Wednesday June 19, 2024 (Friendly Tournament in Chile)
Chile - Canada

Friday June 21, 2024 (Friendly Tournament in Chile)
Canada - Ecuador

Sunday June 23, 2024 (Friendly Tournament in Chile)
Canada - Peru

https://www.girondins.com/fr/news/38879/un-ete-canadien-pour-gregoire-swiderski

That is great news.   I don’t know how much of this is Blue vs just coincidental timing, but man there have been a lot of good things happening lately.  

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

That is great news.   I don’t know how much of this is Blue vs just coincidental timing, but man there have been a lot of good things happening lately.  

I'm going to assume it's Blue. He has proven that he gets things done quickly. 

Everything is coming up Millhouse. 🤓

20240411_Concacaf_m20s_www.jpg

Expect we should hear about the Chile training squad roster in a couple of weeks.

Hope we do call on some of the bigger names like LDF and JMR (he is eligible right?) For this tournament. The group that got us here certainly deserve another run out though. We have a great group in comparison.

4 hours ago, toontownman said:

20240411_Concacaf_m20s_www.jpg

Expect we should hear about the Chile training squad roster in a couple of weeks.

Hope we do call on some of the bigger names like LDF and JMR (he is eligible right?) For this tournament. The group that got us here certainly deserve another run out though. We have a great group in comparison.

No, he's a 2004.

34 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Nothing in the Spanish language tabloids about this.

Now Google has friendlies between Chile U20 and Australia U20 as being listed?

I hope Mr. Blue found the green 🤑 and this camp is still happening.

It was probably a bit too optimistic to expect. It's crazy busy with the men's and women's and getting marsch and his coaching team in. Wouldn't surprise me if it had to go on the backburner. Hopefully not!

I hope some of our U20 players do break out here because if they do, Marsch and company will definitely be watching and some of these players could even make a case for 2026 if they are good enough 

2 hours ago, JamesF said:

came across this video saying that Adrian Pacheco is getting called up to the upcoming U20 camp, never heard of this guy, looks like he plays in the first division in Bolivia. anyone have any info on this guy? 

No clue what the standards like but great he is getting a bit of game time.

Thought the mid for the qualifiers was pretty decent so not sure who misses out. Unless this is also an expanded roster tournament.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/adrian-pacheco/profil/spieler/1029187

On 5/28/2024 at 6:59 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Nothing in the Spanish language tabloids about this.

Now Google has friendlies between Chile U20 and Australia U20 as being listed?

I hope Mr. Blue found the green 🤑 and this camp is still happening.

So looks like the camp is still happening based on the video posted by JamesF?

Posted (edited)

@Kadenge we now have official confirmation that this is happening. :)

The Chilean football federation have officially announced it:

https://www.anfp.cl/noticia/38059/federacion-de-futbol-de-chile-anuncia-serie-de-amistosos-para-la-seleccion-chilena-sub20-en-el-marco-de-la-preparacion-para-mundial-chile-2025

Games will be in the small town of La Calera, which is 120km North-West -ish of Santiago.

Chile, Ecuador and Paraguay,

(so @redcard , Bordeaux got it slightly wrong and it's not Peru)

There will be a broadcast on Chilevisión/Pluto TV says the release. If the CSA or OneSoccer don't bother to rebroadcast this, there should be at least a pirate stream somewhere or highlights one would think.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

22 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

@Kadenge we now have official confirmation that this is happening. :)

The Chilean football federation have officially announced it:

https://www.anfp.cl/noticia/38059/federacion-de-futbol-de-chile-anuncia-serie-de-amistosos-para-la-seleccion-chilena-sub20-en-el-marco-de-la-preparacion-para-mundial-chile-2025

Games will be in the small town of La Calera, which is 120km North-West -ish of Santiago.

Fantastic! 3 games vs 3 different teams Chile, Ecudaor & Paraguay. Things are really shaping up for our program,  Men's and youth teams.

14 hours ago, toontownman said:

No clue what the standards like but great he is getting a bit of game time.

Thought the mid for the qualifiers was pretty decent so not sure who misses out. Unless this is also an expanded roster tournament.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/adrian-pacheco/profil/spieler/1029187

My question would be: if he’s good why isn’t he on Bolivia’s u20 team? We should expect to be a higher level and history shows we consistently miss players in our own backyard… 2 years from now I don’t want us to be asking why we missed an ‘05 who is now playing for Hungary over us and instead selected someone like this. Let’s be realistic, if he’s a special talent I’d expect he would have been identified as Bolivia is heavily domestic. 

In any event, it’s nice to see we’re preparing seriously for qualifiers. Definitely the best prep I’ve seen for a youth squad since 2007.

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

My question would be: if he’s good why isn’t he on Bolivia’s u20 team? We should expect to be a higher level and history shows we consistently miss players in our own backyard… 2 years from now I don’t want us to be asking why we missed an ‘05 who is now playing for Hungary over us and instead selected someone like this. Let’s be realistic, if he’s a special talent I’d expect he would have been identified as Bolivia is heavily domestic. 

https://www.opinion.com.bo/articulo/deportes/adrian-pacheco-wilster-canada/20240503104058944343.html

"It's something special. I grew up in Canada, I have my family there and, the truth is, I always dreamed of being able to represent it. I have always wanted to represent Canada. Obviously I don't rule out representing Bolivia, but I want to focus on Canada's call," he said. the forward, 18 years old and creditor of several qualities on the field.

"It's not to despise Bolivia or anything. It's simply because it's the place where I grew up and it's a source of pride." (google translate)

Posted (edited)

Man I really think and prefer that LDF is with this team. Allow him to experience international tournament, and make him be the leader. Maybe Marsch has him on trial and what's to see him up close. But with 6 CBs in camp, unless he's projected to start...I hope he eventually ends up at the tournament.

I think we underestimate the importance of a youth player dominating or breaking out at a youth tournament.

We've seen careers change after it like Tajon, and Derek.

Edited by Shway